Windows 10: File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]

Discus and support File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceRoosa, Oct 11, 2018.

1. File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]

File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]

:)

BruceRoosa, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 13, 2018
  4. File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10]

1. File In Use by 'another user' message appears when the file is not in use [Windows 10] - Similar Threads - File 'another user'

2. Error Message using Windows File Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message using Windows File Recovery: I accidentally deleted the contents of my D:\DOCUMENTS folder. I tried the Windows File Recovery app and keep getting the "There was an error parsing your command. Please check /? for more information and try again." error message. I am not entering something correctly.What...
  3. Error Message using Windows File Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message using Windows File Recovery: I accidentally deleted the contents of my D:\DOCUMENTS folder. I tried the Windows File Recovery app and keep getting the "There was an error parsing your command. Please check /? for more information and try again." error message. I am not entering something correctly.What...
  4. Cannot Rename User Profile Folder or File in Use by Another Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Rename User Profile Folder or File in Use by Another Program: Logged on as Administrator and followed the procedures provided to Rename the Users/ Profile/ The process worked flawlessly on my Desktop. However when I followed the above procedure on my WIFI connected laptop and attempted to rename the Users profile on my Wifi Network...
  5. Using File History to restore files from one user to another

Using File History to restore files from one user to another: I want to restore one user's files to another user. I added the new user and went to File History. I had the choice, with a check box, to restore files from all the users on the backup drive. That's exactly what I wanted. I selected the user whose files I wanted. But...
  6. Another users is using this account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  7. Another Program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another Program is currently using this file: I am getting the above error, but I cannot read the full message to figure out which program is causing it specifically. All I can read is: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Microsoft... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jim...
  8. Another program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another program is currently using this file: I keep getting this message [ATTACH] It has only started appearing today. I don't have Skype and cannot find the directories mentioned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-program-is-currently-using-this-file/4c4f584a-cacb-4e28-ac0b-570d313656fc
  9. Another program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another program is currently using this file: I get this error message below regards a Dell Support app that loads at start up; in fact, get the pop up twice. If I run Dell's Support Assist from start menu, it runs fine. I don't see Dell Support in Start menu. Annoyingly I got similar message for different graphics app...
  10. Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.

Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.: Hello all, I download a Windows 10 ISO File from [https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html ] and made a dvd, can I use this on any computer now or only on mine where it was created? Also, how do I remove the windows notice to download and install win 10?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Another program is currently using this file