Windows 10: File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

Discus and support File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cleaned out my computer and wanted to back up my computer manualy to OneDrive whitch I knew how to do that, What I did was I right clicked on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel John, Apr 17, 2019.

1. File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

I cleaned out my computer and wanted to back up my computer manualy to OneDrive whitch I knew how to do that, What I did was I right clicked on the Local Disk (CFile in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program. :) and clicked on coppy but now this window error poped up on my screen saying this " File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program. 5e61c56f-daf1-4d71-86d1-47f110fce3c4?upload=true.png

:)

Daniel John, Apr 17, 2019

2. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 17, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

1. File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program. - Similar Threads - File action can't

2. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  3. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  4. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  5. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  6. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program: Below is the message I receive when I try to move a folder within One Drive using file explorer. Help? "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"...
  8. This action cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program

This action cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program: We have all tried to delete stuff and are informed that the folder or file is currently open when it is not. While I realize there are workarounds such as rebooting or going into systems processes, let's all admit that it is a bug that really ought to be fixed. I shouldn't...
  9. The action can't be completed because the file is open in system

The action can't be completed because the file is open in system: i find a way to delete this file all day pls. tell me how to delete this file.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-is/9baf642b-e161-4282-93fc-efec1da46ffe"
  10. The action can't be completed.. open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    The action can't be completed.. open in another program: I see. LockHunter doesn't work on individual files in the Recycle Bin. So try this: [img]