Windows 10: File is open in another program

Discus and support File is open in another program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trickyrick, Dec 18, 2019.

1. File is open in another program

I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv.
    If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program
    I didn't have this problem in win7.

:)

trickyrick, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 18, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Dec 18, 2019
  4. File is open in another program

When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

File is open in another program

1. File is open in another program - Similar Threads - File open another

2. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  3. Malware is "open in another program"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malware is "open in another program": So recently I've experienced some internet problems on my PC. Sometimes my ping will fluctuate between 50 and 500ms back and forth while playing games, and my PC also seems to overload my router and completely shut it off for about 15 minutes, I'm usually able to connect...
  4. "File or Folder is Open in Another Program" workflow disruption

in Windows 10 Customization
    "File or Folder is Open in Another Program" workflow disruption: I'm looking for a quick solution to "action can't be completed because file or folder is open in another program". I'm looking for a method that doesn't interrupt workflow...I'd like to keep all my apps/windows and folders open.. and just target that one file or folder... -I...
  5. Unable to delete files weirdly "opened by another program"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete files weirdly "opened by another program": Hello all, I just have cleaned up and reorganised font folders on my dropbox. But there is a folder with a bunch of fonts that I can't delete, having the message that files "is open in another program". I checked and closed everything, even rebooted in safe mode to try to...
  6. Program as trigger to open another program?

Program as trigger to open another program?: Hello dear community, I got CS:GO in Steam. I would like to run CustomDesktopLogo at the same time so that I can display a small dot in the middle of the monitor. Now I have already tried with a CMD file: start /b "" "C:\Not...
  7. Open in another program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open in another program: Hello. I'm running into problems regarding deleting, moving or re-naming files/folders ... always PDF ones. "...file is open in another program". There is no other program open! In Task manager it sometimes works to end Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer (2), but sometimes the...
  8. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  9. change file extension to open by another program

change file extension to open by another program: i have a weird issue that randomly .xls will opens default with excel citrix. after one-off manual change to open by excel using GUI, it will be fine. how do i change it for all computers? i tried using command ftype Excel.Sheet.8="C:\Program Files\Microsoft...
  10. some file like .exe are open in another program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some file like .exe are open in another program: hello i terminate the microsoft edge than my some application and file are open with other program plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-like-exe-are-open-in-another-program/19f089c3-fae7-4ab8-884a-f1545359fbc0"