Windows 10: File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it

Discus and support File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use WordPerfect. There is a file that inexplicably (literally in the last couple of hours after I tried to send it to someone) produces an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Snickersnee, Jan 12, 2019.

1. File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it

I use WordPerfect. There is a file that inexplicably (literally in the last couple of hours after I tried to send it to someone) produces an error message - "File is read-only, or is in use by another program, you may edit it, but you must rename it." or words to that effect.

Apparently the computer thinks the file is in use by Word Perfect itself, so it won't let me access, open, or delete it. The file is NOT in read only status - I checked that. I have restarted the computer, and downloaded a copy of the file from my backup, which opens perfectly.

How do I access or delete the file?

Snickersnee

:)

Snickersnee, Jan 12, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Word perfect does not open in Windows 10.

I have tried Windows 10 and accept that it has many features better then my current Windows 7 experience, BUT I have Word Perfect files stretching back into the dim reaches of computers first existence, when Word Perfect was the only worthwhile word processor
    in existence. Since those files contain literally hundreds of original poetry, essays and papers written across decades, while gaining several university and college level degrees WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS IN PROVIDING THE MAJOR USE OF MY COMPUTER;
    WORD PERFECT FILE CREATION AND INTERPRETATION.

I am seventy five years old and on pension and so cannot welcome the purchase of a new Word Perfect program that I do not want, or have the money for just to open files Windows 10 refuses to access.

Thus I need some worthwhile input with a simple YES or No as to whether there is some PRESENT method within Windows 10 to correct this problem because Windows 10 also refuses to open these files using "WORD" (which I have and can use) as other Windows staging
    has done quite adequately in the past. WHY??? AND SHOULDN'T Microsoft FIX IT???????

I have already received the "attempt at compatibility" email several times without any input as to whether I should be in Windows 10 to try SUCH A FIX and without any input as to whether such an attempt will work without destroying the personalization of
    WORD PERFECT as I have used it for years only to find I still cannot access those files and thus have another FORCED return to Windows 7. Does any computer competent individual have a PROVEN solution??? Thanks in advance >>> T Richard Colledge P.S./ I am
    presently using WORD PERFECT 12 and MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD 2003 in WINDOWS 7 and accessing my files with ease using either.

Original title:Refusal of Windows 10 to OPEN Word Perfect Files

Alpha Numero Etc, Jan 12, 2019
  4. File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it

1. File is supposedly "in use" by Word Perfect, except it isn't, and can't open or delete it - Similar Threads - File supposedly Word

2. Word Perfect X3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Perfect X3: Is Word Perfect X3 compatible with Windows 11?If not, which version of Word Perfect is, please?Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-perfect-x3/3939736c-998b-41a9-b03f-a5abd45a2cdf
  3. Word Perfect X3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Perfect X3: Is Word Perfect X3 compatible with Windows 11?If not, which version of Word Perfect is, please?Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-perfect-x3/3939736c-998b-41a9-b03f-a5abd45a2cdf
  4. Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?: Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-it-supposed-to-be-5-gbs/6c8e3305-bde1-40ce-8333-fcf1e5aa75cf
  5. Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?

Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?: Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-it-supposed-to-be-5-gbs/6c8e3305-bde1-40ce-8333-fcf1e5aa75cf
  6. Microsoft Word isn't responding/opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word isn't responding/opening: Microsoft Word doesn't want to open. A small pop up appears saying to launch it in safe mode, but when I click on it, it does nothing. I tried to fix it by shutting it down in Task Manager, but it doesn't show up! Does anyone know whats going on? submitted by...
  7. word Perfect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    word Perfect: Can I use word Perfect with Office 365? I am currently using Windows 10. I am familiar with Microsoft Word, but always preferred Word perfect especially for sorting a large amount of data....
  8. Cannot save Word Perfect files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot save Word Perfect files: I cannot save WP files. This problem is happening on and off. I thought I was doing something wrong instead the people that are creating the updates are creating this problem. How do I get in touch with the people are creating this nightmare? I depend on WP, and now I...
  9. Need to open Word Perfect Entrust Signed Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to open Word Perfect Entrust Signed Documents: I have Windows 10 OS and MS Office 365 - My aunt asked me to print her documents which are on a hard drive seperate from her computer which died.......Here documents are Word Perfect Entrust Signed Documents - I have downloaded Word Perfect 9 based on some things I read but I...
  10. Word Perfect with 4K

Word Perfect with 4K: Can anyone tell me , if WordPerfect Ver X9 , can support a 4K display on Win 10 ? 121111