Windows 10: File keeps getting deleted

Discus and support File keeps getting deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArcticWolf321, Feb 1, 2021.

1. File keeps getting deleted

Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due to Windows Defender thinking it is a virus but I am sure that it's not. I already tried to add my downloads folder to exclusions but it didn't help. I also have real time protection off and just about everything else I can think that has to do with it off. I should also mention that it's not even quarantining the items. The last quarantined items were days ago so it's just deleting them. Thanks

:)

ArcticWolf321, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

File keeps getting deleted

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

File keeps getting deleted

1. File keeps getting deleted - Similar Threads - File keeps getting

2. File Explorer pins keep getting deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer pins keep getting deleted: I have found posts about this issue going back for years but no actual solutions. The file that holds the file explorer pin data keeps getting deleted and recreated. I've had users report this issue on various different builds of Windows 10, and I've also had it happen in...
  3. File Explorer pins keep getting deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer pins keep getting deleted: I have found posts about this issue going back for years but no actual solutions. The file that holds the file explorer pin data keeps getting deleted and recreated. I've had users report this issue on various different builds of Windows 10, and I've also had it happen in...
  4. File Explorer pins keep getting deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted: Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted and corruption in file. Had to reset 6 times didnt install any files from internet. just updated each time I did a reset.how do i fix itran scan on drive C: and found logs this time. what is wrong here.Log Name: Application...
  6. Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted: Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted and corruption in file. Had to reset 6 times didnt install any files from internet. just updated each time I did a reset.how do i fix itran scan on drive C: and found logs this time. what is wrong here.Log Name: Application...
  7. Windows 10 keeps getting system files deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. pictures keep getting deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pictures keep getting deleted: My laptop seems to delete any new files and downloads every time i turn it off. Firefox gets removed from the task bar and i have to keep having to redo my add ons, and more annoyingly, my pictures keep getting deleted, like, they cant be recovered, and even when i edit them,...
  9. Deleted File Keeps Returning

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted File Keeps Returning: I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network. Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried...
  10. My files keeping getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My files keeping getting deleted: Hello, Please my files, folders (or anything that can be deleted) gets deleted any time I try to open it by double-clicking or even when I try to copy and paste it somewhere else (whether external hard drive, flash, etc) or even in another location within the hard drive. It...