Windows 10: File location for camera photos

Discus and support File location for camera photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I take a photo or video with my Surface Pro 7 camera I want it to ask me where to store the photo. I need to be able to specify a specific folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobWestcott, May 11, 2020.

1. File location for camera photos

When I take a photo or video with my Surface Pro 7 camera I want it to ask me where to store the photo. I need to be able to specify a specific folder on a specific drive and it may be different each time I take a photo. Is there a way to do this?

:)

BobWestcott, May 11, 2020

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, May 11, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 11, 2020
  4. Greg258 Win User

File location for camera photos

Photographs saved in camera roll not showing location

Hello

I, too, have lost this particular functionality.

I have the 950. At first, the location was saved with photos, but no longer.

I have reviewed all the privacy and location settings I can think of. Everything is enabled. I have tried the soft reset suggested by Jose, and that has made no difference.

Here's the settings I've checked:

• Privacy Settings
      • Location Settings
        • Location = "on"
        • Relevant Apps set to access location:
          • Blink
          • Camera
          • Cortana
          • Lumia Creative Studio
          • Lumia Motion Data
      • Camera Settings
        • Let apps use my camera = "on"
      • Background Apps Settings
        • Windows Camera = "On"
    I can't find anything else that affects the camera and its access to location data.

Can anyone help?

Greg258, May 11, 2020
Thema:

File location for camera photos

1. File location for camera photos - Similar Threads - File location camera

2. Camera App save file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  3. Camera App save file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  4. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  5. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  6. Camera App file location

7. Open File Location in Photos

Open File Location in Photos: How can I open the folder containing the image file that is open in Photos? This used to be a right-click option, but it's now gone. I know that the path of the file can be viewed via `Right-click > File information > Folder path`; but that does not offer a way to get to...
  8. Open File Location - Microsoft Photos

Open File Location - Microsoft Photos: Hi, I used to have the option to 'open file location' when I right-clicked an image inside of photos. It used to be between these two options [ATTACH] But it has disappeared. I can't find anything about this online, please help....
  9. Camera, Location, Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera, Location, Microphone: On my Camera, Location, Microphone it says: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your org. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-location-microphone/0108c883-4e5b-4686-b03e-9dfee41295f8
  10. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer: I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could find the .exe file in a systems or systems 32 directory. Anyone know where Windows 10 Pro keeps this file ? (also, I dl'd the...