Windows 10: File location in recycle bin

Discus and support File location in recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by srinivas_021, Sep 5, 2021.

1. File location in recycle bin

I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before getting deleted permanently or do they get deleted whenever disk is low on space as storage sense is active ?Also I want to know whether windows 10 deletes files whenever the drive is low on space by deleting files in downloads folder even if the storage sense configuration is set to never ?

:)

srinivas_021, Sep 5, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 5, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Recycle Bin

Hi,

The Recycle Bin shouldn't automatically empty unless it reaches it exceeds the maximum space available on it. Another reason why this is happening may be due to third party anti virus programs or applications that manages your computer. To better assist you,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Did you install any antivirus programs/applications recently?

To adjust the maximum size allowed in the Recycle Bin, simply right click on the program and select
    Properties. Under Recycle Bin Location, click the location of the Recycle Bin you want to change (likely your C drive). Uncheck the option
    Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted and then click
    OK.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

File location in recycle bin

locate recycle bin on windows 10

Hi Joan,

The Recycle Bin is usually available on your desktop in Windows 10. If it is nowhere to be found, it's possible that it has been hidden. You can show the Recycle Bin on your computer by following the instructions

here

Let us know if you are able to locate your Recycle Bin after following the steps.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

File location in recycle bin

1. File location in recycle bin - Similar Threads - File location recycle

2. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  3. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  4. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  5. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Location of recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of recycle bin: I am trying to access the recycle bin on my Windows 10 PC. It doesn't show up on the desktop as it did in Windows 7 and I can't find out how to get to it. I have followed all the advice from Microsoft - go to settings, select personalization, select desktop icons, make sure...
  8. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  9. Recycle Bin Location - Windows 10

Recycle Bin Location - Windows 10: I'm trying to find the address for the recycle bin on my system. If I run C:\$Recycle.Bin it opens a folder that is empty. If I open the recycle bin through the shortcut in explorer I can find the files, but am unable to copy the file location from the address bar. Thoughts?...
  10. Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin

Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin: The file is a Notebook created using the OneNote App. I inadvertently deleted if from a folder in the desktop OneDrive. The file is visible in the OneDrive online recycle bin. However, attempts to restore fail with the error “you already have a file or folder with that name”....