Windows 10: File location no longer in ........

Discus and support File location no longer in ........ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just looking through my files and I tried to create a new file or copy a file in my Documents it says "Could not find this item" and then This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HuajiZhao, Jul 15, 2020.

1. HuajiZhao Win User

File location no longer in ........

I was just looking through my files and I tried to create a new file or copy a file in my Documents it says

"Could not find this item" and then This item could not be locater in C:\Users\..\... Verify the item's location and try again. Then I checked to see if it was only mu documents but this also happened in my pictures, videos, and music but not my downloads. I did a virus scan and nothing came up, I used command prompt and did a scan but nothing was changed, I also tried to delete apps that I thought were causing the problem but nothing changed, but what I did notice was that when I change to safe mode in MSConfig, they were all fine but when I switched back to normal booting it still happened. I'm not trying to delete any file, I just want to recover my things. i also did not create a restore point for anything because I did not know what that was

This was very frustrating because I have spent the entire day trying to fix it, but nothing has worked.

File location no longer in ........ 1574420d-1f8d-4fba-815d-91340649c9cf?upload=true.png

:)

HuajiZhao, Jul 15, 2020

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
  3. stevednmc Win User
    Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Jul 15, 2020
  4. File location no longer in ........

How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

File location no longer in ........

1. File location no longer in ........ - Similar Threads - File location longer

2. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  3. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  4. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Could not find this item This is no longer located in....

Could not find this item This is no longer located in....: Hi,I recently decided to move some dropbox folders to my new HDD I ve bought. I did a cut and copy I/O operation. During this operation I got this kind of message this is a google image, it is not from my cut and copy process, it's just an exampleI skipped for all items....I...
  6. Could not find this item This is no longer located in....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not find this item This is no longer located in....: Hi,I recently decided to move some dropbox folders to my new HDD I ve bought. I did a cut and copy I/O operation. During this operation I got this kind of message this is a google image, it is not from my cut and copy process, it's just an exampleI skipped for all items....I...
  7. This is no longer located in C:\ Verify the item's location and try again.

This is no longer located in C:\ Verify the item's location and try again.: [ATTACH] I recently used a software to get back some files which I accidentally deleted in the recycle bin. So, after getting back the files I need, noticed this file located in the C: I tried to rename, move, delete but it displays this error. I use Windows 10 Home....
  8. Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\

Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\: Hi all, Around five years ago, I downloaded this movie called 'Two Night Stand' and along with it were some subtitle files or something else, I don't even remember anymore. Anyway, I still haven't been able to delete the file because a popup comes up 'This is no longer...
  9. CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN"

CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN": These files/pictures came on my new computer, NOT MINE. Can't delete. Says "no longer located in". What is this? I didn't ask for all these files clogging my computer....
  10. File History Restore - "Item Not Found - This is No Longer Located In [Backup Drive]"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Restore - "Item Not Found - This is No Longer Located In [Backup Drive]": In Windows 10, I am having trouble restoring files from File History. I want to restore files from an old Win 10 PC to a new Win 10 PC using File History. (The hard drive on the old PC has died). The File History is located on an external USB hard drive. I can start the...