Windows 10: File loss after drive path change

Discus and support File loss after drive path change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Changed default location of my desktop folder from my SSD to my HD and lost a whole bunch of point cloud files for Revit software with hours and hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrodyKean, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BrodyKean Win User

File loss after drive path change

Changed default location of my desktop folder from my SSD to my HD and lost a whole bunch of point cloud files for Revit software with hours and hours of work sunk into them. Is there any way I can get these back? They don't seem to be anywhere unless there is some place I'm not looking or they've moved to somewhere else? Any help much appreciated.

:)

BrodyKean, Nov 19, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Nov 19, 2020
  4. gmopro Win User

File Explorer - Path for a mapped drive

Sometimes I want to get the full path that i have mapped and copy and paste to send to someone.

I can usually just do a rt click and rename and copy it from there. BUT, if i had edited the path to make it just a one word name or something in the past, i cant get that path, unless i go to Map Network drive and find it in the list of drives i have mapped.

Now when i do that, you guys have made the box very narrow so i cant see the full path so it makes it really difficult to find it. Please widen that path in the drop down folder for the Mapped drive in File Explorer. Why so narrow???? Needs to be changed
    so i can find longer paths in a list of similar paths, but slightly different. It creates frustration. i guess no one there has a bunch of long paths mapped and then edited as a shorter name and doesnt need to copy and paste the path to anyone else. i have
    run into this issue several times. Widen that box there. thanks.

gmopro, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. File loss after drive path change - Similar Threads - File loss drive

2. OneDrive Changes Drive Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Changes Drive Path: I wanted to quit One Drive because I am not a great fan. However, I discovered one of my Pictures Files on explorer disappeared with 2 sub folders. This is because I discovered that One Drive is now the file path “C:\Users\Me7\OneDrive”. It should be “C:\Users\me7”. I have...
  3. OneDrive Changes Drive Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Changes Drive Path: I wanted to quit One Drive because I am not a great fan. However, I discovered one of my Pictures Files on explorer disappeared with 2 sub folders. This is because I discovered that One Drive is now the file path “C:\Users\Me7\OneDrive”. It should be “C:\Users\me7”. I have...
  4. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  5. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  6. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

8. loss of files and drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    loss of files and drives: while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files-and-drives/eb18e6e0-43b8-4e4b-b1ff-b57f87c3321e
  9. loss of files and drives

loss of files and drives: while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files-and-drives/eb18e6e0-43b8-4e4b-b1ff-b57f87c3321e
  10. Hard Drive File Path

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive File Path: Hello, I am trying to create a file path for a backup hard drive.Using "disk management" I tried to right click on the drive and choose "change drive letter and path." The drive is one of the options, but the "change drive letter and path" is greyed out.I read somewhere that...