Windows 10: File loss during undo move

Discus and support File loss during undo move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anton Syrota, Aug 13, 2022.

1. File loss during undo move

I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not appear in the folder I moved to. I tried to undo these changes through Ctrl+z, but in the end, the files that I transferred from another folder disappeared from me too. They are not in the cart either. Where can they be found and how to recover? without installing additional software.The movement took place on the same disk between folders.

:)

Anton Syrota, Aug 13, 2022

2. Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 13, 2022
  3. LoicLeung Win User
    (Undo) have deleted my files !

Hi, I'm a video editor using Adobe Premiere Pro.

When I export a video, (VIDEO V), in a folder (FOLDER F). Everything works fine! But when I do (UNDO) in (FOLDER F), it deletes my exported video!

E.g:

Step 1: FOLDER F = EMPTY

Step 2: FOLDER F = FULL

Step 3 - I UNDO! and it comes back to (Step 1 : FOLDER F = EMPTY)

Please this is extremely frustrating! I have to displace my files a lot and when a displace in the wrong folder, I do undo a lot! BUT I LOSE MY VIDEOS! Please, fix this! I have to restart all over !

LoicLeung, Aug 13, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

File loss during undo move

Windows Update to 1H21 causes loss of right-click function

First step isn't right click.

The download is a zip file. The program is portable.

File loss during undo move [​IMG]

File loss during undo move [​IMG]

If you can't even run that, and given other issues, and the length of this thread, and if an in-place upgrade repair install won't help, suggest you're looking at a clean install.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

File loss during undo move

1. File loss during undo move - Similar Threads - File loss during

2. File loss during undo move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File loss during undo move: I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not appear in the folder I moved to. I tried to undo these changes through Ctrl+z, but in the end, the files that I transferred...
  3. File loss during undo move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File loss during undo move: I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not appear in the folder I moved to. I tried to undo these changes through Ctrl+z, but in the end, the files that I transferred...
  4. How to undo moving files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo moving files from C: to D:?: I was attempting to move the "Users" folder from my C drive to my D drive to make some space. I kept encountering the "Incorrect parameter" issue, and no solution worked, so I gave up.However, a few files did manage to move. I have no idea what these files are or where they...
  5. How to undo moving files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo moving files from C: to D:?: I was attempting to move the "Users" folder from my C drive to my D drive to make some space. I kept encountering the "Incorrect parameter" issue, and no solution worked, so I gave up.However, a few files did manage to move. I have no idea what these files are or where they...
  6. How to undo moving files from C: to D:?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Undo Move

Undo Move: I have File Explorer open and was looking for a folder and accidentally moved files...I just caught "moving files...." before it disappeared. I do not see an "Undo Move" although I think this exists?...
  8. undo move to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    undo move to desktop: I highlighted about 200 video files, then right-clicked. I thought I was pointing to send 'compressed' zip file, instead I clicked on desktop. Now I have 200+ video icons on my desktop. Want them off desktop. What could I do ?...
  9. loss of files

loss of files: I restarted my computer to update Office files. When it came on all the software files I had on my task bar and all my document files were missing. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files/4d749705-a5e1-4e98-a634-f1ed679bbc62"
  10. undo move

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    undo move: how to find a move transaction or undo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-move/3991e26c-c679-40a3-a34a-3af43034f4fd