Windows 10: file loss

Discus and support file loss in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The RedCoreGamer, May 8, 2019.

1. file loss

so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my password it will show me a blue screen saying that there is an error i try a couple more times but I can't access my pc so I restart it and then proceed to log in and it worked but once it loaded up I see that my desktop has changed all the icons everything it looked like a new pc so, I go and check my files and everything is gone. I really need some help here. for ppl tldr, all my files r lost because of the new windows update.

:)

The RedCoreGamer, May 8, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 8, 2019
  3. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, May 8, 2019
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

file loss

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

file loss

1. file loss - Similar Threads - file loss

2. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  3. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  4. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  6. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  7. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Need Minidump files analyzed. Getting system instability resulting in loss of display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Minidump files analyzed. Getting system instability resulting in loss of display...: programs taking forever to and just slow performance overall and freezing until after a few minutes or so I lose connection to the display and the computer stays on until I reboot it manually. everything in BIOS is stock. Reinstalled graphics drivers already and reseated the...
  9. Need Minidump files analyzed. Getting system instability resulting in loss of display...

Need Minidump files analyzed. Getting system instability resulting in loss of display...: programs taking forever to and just slow performance overall and freezing until after a few minutes or so I lose connection to the display and the computer stays on until I reboot it manually. everything in BIOS is stock. Reinstalled graphics drivers already and reseated the...
  10. I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions: Whenever I try to open certain apps they fail to start and within a couple of minutes send an error message stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions" Some solutions tell me to change the properties of the...