Windows 10: File lost that was saved on OneDrive

Discus and support File lost that was saved on OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Hakim, Apr 4, 2023.

1. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the original version created on the day I created the file with no previous versions that I can access whatsoever. I checked my one drive recycle bin and nothing is there.I know for a fact my one drive is almost full, but even then it should not save on the cloud but I should have the file on my computer. I am not sure what might have happened. I cannot find any previous version on MS word. Please help. Thanks.

:)

Andrew Hakim, Apr 4, 2023

2. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 4, 2023
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 4, 2023
  4. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 4, 2023
Thema:

File lost that was saved on OneDrive

1. File lost that was saved on OneDrive - Similar Threads - File lost was

2. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File lost that was saved on OneDrive: Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the original version created on the day I created the file with no previous versions that I can access whatsoever. I checked my one...
  3. OneDrive lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive lost files: Hello I synced up my laptop on onedrive and i wanted to do the same on my PC but i just wanted couple of folders there not the whole desktop and documents so i obviously after setting up onedrive turned off backing up everything as i said i wanted only couple of folders there...
  4. OneDrive lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive lost files: Hello I synced up my laptop on onedrive and i wanted to do the same on my PC but i just wanted couple of folders there not the whole desktop and documents so i obviously after setting up onedrive turned off backing up everything as i said i wanted only couple of folders there...
  5. onedrive - lost files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive - lost files?: My laptop did an update, I clicked through and it seems to have moved all my files to onedrive. I don't want my files on the onedrive.I have excel spreadsheets that link to each other and this doesn't work well on onedrive - how can I get my files back from yesterday in my...
  6. onedrive lost files

onedrive lost files: I clicked on "unlink this PC" in onedrive settings because i didn't want a person helping me with my pc to be able to access my onedrive. When i added onedrive back to my pc all the files are gone. The folders are still there but nothing is in the files. Please tell me the...
  7. OneDrive lost file

OneDrive lost file: So I was uploading some important large files 29GB from my PC to OneDrive. It took forever and then of course, it said there wasn't enough storage space because I have a free account. I tried to stop it by deleting some of my files assuming they will still be on my computer....
  8. Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures

Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures: Good Day Forum, I recently purchased a new desktop and transferred all the files from my old computer to new computer, and had my new computer linked to outlook account so onedrive was there etc, first time doing that. I copied all my files onto my desktop. A while later...
  9. OneDrive : lost files

OneDrive : lost files: Hello everybody, OneDrive has informed me that 4 files have been deleted at a moment I was not on line. Naturally, those files must definitely not be deleted. So, as I was not online, they were still present online. What is the correct procedure to get them back if I...
  10. Lost file after ‘save as’

Lost file after ‘save as’: Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and then when to attach it to...