Windows 10: file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10

Discus and support file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently moved from windows 7 to 10 but found it very difficult to open files or folders waiting for over 3 hours while Windows configures client... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GinbinehAyele, Dec 13, 2019.

1. file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10

I recently moved from windows 7 to 10 but found it very difficult to open files or folders waiting for over 3 hours while Windows configures client security and password manager. I tried Lenovo to uninstall and reinstall client security and password manager to no avail. Is there any remedy short of replacing windows 10 with 7. thanks

:)

GinbinehAyele, Dec 13, 2019
  2. dmax52 Win User

HP Client Security Manager issue with free Windows 10 upgrade

The compatibility report on my PC for the new Windows 10 says that I will have to uninstall HP Client Security Manager from my PC prior to installation of Windows 10. If I do this how will I be able to reinstall it? HP support says:
    "HP Client security Manager would not be available for win 10 till the end of Aug. Hence there would be no option to install it. I request you to wait until the HP client security for windows 10 is released."

So what would be the best course of action, and please list them in specific easy to understand steps for me as I am not particularly computer savvy.

dmax52, Dec 13, 2019
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 13, 2019
  4. file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10

While configuring outlook password windows disappears

Hi Ram2694,

Greetings, if the password windows disappears when configure your account, I suggest you try the follow steps to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook desktop client. in this way, there is no need to type in password in new pop up window.

1. Please right click on “Start” button > click
      search > type "Control Panel” in the search box.
    2. Find and click the Mail > Click
      Show Profiles.
    3. Click Add >
      type in a custom profile name > then type in your Office 365 account and password >
      Next > Finish.
    4. Start your Outlook with this new profile.

If it still doesn't work, to better help you, may I know if you configure the Office 365 account or other account type in your Outlook desktop client? Meantime, please provide your detailed Outlook version for us.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10

1. file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10 - Similar Threads - file maager very

2. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  3. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  4. Configuration Manager Client Failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration Manager Client Failed to install: I have problem installing SCCM on this machine. The error code is:File C:\Windows\ccmsetup{15714557-4FAA-4A6B-A33A-8F64D3FF658A}\client.msi installation failed. Error text: ExitCode: 1603Action: InstallInitialize.ErrorMessages:Internal Error 2203....
  5. Opening audio files is very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening audio files is very slow: Hi all, I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back. I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 3700x and Samsung SSD. All audio files which i'm trying to open is either not responding or takes at least a minute to open on...
  6. Win 10 running very slow when opening file explorer and browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 running very slow when opening file explorer and browser: Hi all, I have a HP Omen gaming laptop that is fully updated with the latest updates both HP and Windows. Since the windows update last week my laptop is running slow with file explorrer taking over 2 minutes to open yet there is no cpu or disk usage. I have searched the...
  7. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  8. File manager very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager very slow: In the last week or so certain operations whilst using File Manager are going very slow. I'm using a fully updated version of Windows 10 on a PC. Opening a file manager window works okay, but clicking 'New Folder' takes 20 seconds for the folder to appear. Deleting a file to...
  9. Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files: I have a Win10 PC on my network with some shared directories, the "server". The share I use most has 23,000 files in 600 folders. When I access that share from a Win 7 PC it opens pretty much instantly, but to open it from my Win 10 PC takes for ever. The green progress bar...
  10. Win -10 very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win -10 very slow: Hi, I tried wins 10 a couple of times, one of which I burnt 10 onto disc, after humming and hawing I decided to put 10 back on and stick with it, for some reason I could not install it from the win 10 preview in updates, the update seemd to download successfully but I could...