Windows 10: File Management Automation

Discus and support File Management Automation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know about an automation software akin to Hazel for mac? I recently switched to Windows from Mac for work and want to automate some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/red_beard_the_irate, Jun 26, 2020.

1. File Management Automation

Does anyone know about an automation software akin to Hazel for mac? I recently switched to Windows from Mac for work and want to automate some of my file-management.

submitted by /u/red_beard_the_irate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/red_beard_the_irate, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

3. locutus12 Win User
    X800GTO2 AUTOMATED FLASH UTILITY Via DVD\CD... Very easy File Management Automation :)

hmmm... i dont mean to worry you but thats not good... *Confused File Management Automation :confused:

what exactly did you do to it originally, tell me step by step and list the files you used (including links if possible) i will try to back track and recreate the error using VMware if i can (VMware a special tool i use for testing crap out *Smile File Management Automation :) )

locutus12, Jun 26, 2020
  4. mjean1 Win User

File Management Automation

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

File Management Automation

1. File Management Automation - Similar Threads - File Management Automation

2. Automate rename files - VERY specific request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automate rename files - VERY specific request: Hi there I have a about 3500 folders all in the same directory. The folder names are in the following format: "surname initials - file number" e.g. HUDSON JG - 2345 Is there a way to automate the renaming of these folders to the following format: 2345 - HUDSON JG ? In other...
  3. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  4. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  5. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  6. Automating Clean Manager.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automating Clean Manager.: I thought I would post this more for information than anything else. It deals with the running of CleanMgr.exe in an Elevated CMD Prompt allowing the Hidden cleanup options to become available. I am about to Clean Install and then customise the OS. I decided to write a Batch...
  7. How to automate a set of commands by executing a file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automate a set of commands by executing a file?: Like for example if I'm watching a video and I want to take a screenshot after every 3 minutes or if I want some things done automatically after I start my system etc. How do I do it? submitted by /u/samuraisol98 [link] [comments]...
  8. Target folder of automated file downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Target folder of automated file downloads: I sometimes get notifications that an app is automatically downloading files. First of all, I know what this Windows 10 feature is and I know how to turn automatic file download and/or the notifications for it on and off. In the notification I also see the file name and the...
  9. Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Driver Update Automation Script?: Is this a thing? Updating drivers once in awhile isn't bad, but manually right-clicking, properties, search online for each driver gets very tedious. There has to be someone who has this type of script, right? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!...
  10. Automate LOGIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automate LOGIN: Is there a way to automate a LOGIN? I often need to login to a large number of pcs. I was wandering if there is a way to do it automatically by connecting an usb. Thanks 99320