Windows 10: File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

Discus and support File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I can find and copy files based on the date timestamp but can't figure out how to do it by time only. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arthur715, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Arthur715 Win User

File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

Hi,

I can find and copy files based on the date timestamp but can't figure out how to do it by time only.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a camera set up to take timelapse photos every minute during daylight. I end up with around 600 photos each day and I can combine them into a timelapse lasting around 24 seconds. It all works fine.

However, I also want to create a one minute timelapse spanning a whole year, so about 1500 photos over 365 days or about 4 pics/day. I'm already taking 600 pics/day so all I need to do is select 4 pics taken at around the same time each day. I'm thinking 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 & 14:00 or maybe even 12:00, 12:01, 12:02, 12:03 etc - although that's just details really.

So, what I'm basically looking for is a way to select and copy files based on the dd:mm:yy hh:mm:ss timestamp but effectively 'wildcarding' the date and seconds, leaving just the hour and minute as the selection criteria, eg: find all files with the timestamp xx:xx:xx 12:00:xx etc.

Any ideas?

:)

Arthur715, Nov 21, 2020

2. time

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Open the Control Panel and, in Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

In the Formats tab, in Date and time formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long-time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply, and then OK.

regards

MiguelChiappori, Nov 21, 2020
  3. change of time format in windows 10

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Open the Control Panel and, in Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

In the Formats tab, in Date and time formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long-time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply, and then OK.

regards

MiguelChiappori, Nov 21, 2020
  4. File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

Clock in a 24hs display...

Hi nelsonmodelli

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Open the Control Panel and, under Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

On the Formats tab, under Date and Time Formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Short Time drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long Time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Short Time drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long Time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply and then OK.

Please let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Marc M.

MarcMorelli56, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

1. File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how? - Similar Threads - File Management Using

2. mm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mm: yhhu,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mm/7bddc676-6208-466c-9d6f-c0dd0afdf9ae
  3. mm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mm: yhhu,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mm/7bddc676-6208-466c-9d6f-c0dd0afdf9ae
  4. mm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using OneDrive - Managing Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using OneDrive - Managing Files: I am considering using the 1TB version of 1 Drive to backup my Data. The problem is, I use 3 computers in my home and usually keep a backup copy of my files on the desktop. My questions are:If I use Sync, I think all files on my 2 laptops & the Desktop will sync, but I assume...
  6. Using OneDrive - Managing Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using OneDrive - Managing Files: I am considering using the 1TB version of 1 Drive to backup my Data. The problem is, I use 3 computers in my home and usually keep a backup copy of my files on the desktop. My questions are:If I use Sync, I think all files on my 2 laptops & the Desktop will sync, but I assume...
  7. File Timestamp Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    File Timestamp Monitor: I want to monitor a text file and when its timestamp changes play a sound. I first though of doing this with Task Scheduler, but I don't see a way to directly monitor a file timestamp with Task Scheduler. I do see that this can be done with PowerShell, although I am uncertain...
  8. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove backup timestamp from the files: Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-backup-timestamp-from-the-files/9e86dc61-de30-4d87-814c-c6afd31659e9
  9. ss

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ss: ssssssss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ss/0373924f-5d39-4736-b9a3-b66b6022cd19
  10. File Timestamp inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    File Timestamp inconsistencies: First example: DISMRepairLogFile.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. However, the individual entries in the content of the file are correct. Second Example: SrtTrail.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour...