Windows 10: File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks

Discus and support File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are several problems with Windows 10 that I have never found a good solution for. #1. When typing into the search box of Google Chrome the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1ThursdayJC, Mar 17, 2018.

1. File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks

There are several problems with Windows 10 that I have never found a good solution for.

#1. When typing into the search box of Google Chrome the letters typed will be backwards. What I mean take the word beach I will start typing and it will show on the search box as (hcaeb). This may not be a Win 10 problem but I never encountered this problem in Windows 7 unless I accidently hit the touchpad screen. But my touchpad should not be working at all. It has not worked for several years because my mouse pointer does not work. (We had to fix the fan on my laptop several years ago which required taking the laptop apart because of the HP design). Every since no red light and no mouse pointer. At this point I do not know if it is Win 10 or Google Chrome problem.

#2. Under File Manager operations if I select a file to be cut and pasted sometimes that does not work. It paste the file but (FM) fails to (Cut-Remove the file from the previous locations) A single file misfire ever once in awhile I can live with. But when it fails to remove 50-150+ files it gets to be a pain in the rear.

#3. Why does the NUM LOCK light go out? I can go several hours without needing to use the numeric keyboard. But when I do invariably the numeric keyboard fails. Ofcourse I can turn it on but once again that means stopping what I am doing and hit the blasted numlock key to turn it on. Is there a timer on how long the num lock key can be left on? Is this some weird MS procedure to try help me to conserve my power? Is this happening because my HP computer goes into sleep or standby mode? This has baffled me for years. I have tried to find the answer thru a google search and a definitive or satisfactory answer has ever became available.

:)

1ThursdayJC, Mar 17, 2018
  2. CMOYA Win User

Windows Defender Health Report Can't Be Disabled After Creators Update

Although this is a relatively minor issue, it is one of the many many little quirks that continue to plague Windows 10 and what makes Windows 10 so laborious to use... and it also demonstrates the inefficacy of the Insider Program. This is simply a head-slapping
    quirk where you wonder what were they thinking and why didn't Windows Insider catch this?

CMOYA, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Ques Tion Win User
    Switches to headphones

Quirks 10 reinstalled the headphones again. It is inconsistent and very annoying. It is consistent and not annoying. It was inconsistent and is very annoying. Quirks 10 am inconsistent and usually a little annoying. ad nauseum.

Ques Tion, Mar 17, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks

1. That's something I have never even heard of happening, anywhere. Must be something with Chrome, that browser is practically environment for itself.
    2. That also happens when a file is in use or otherwise reserved by a program or system or write protected.
    3. (Improper) Waking from sleep may be a cause if it's set in BIOS to start with Numlock on.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2018
  5. I found an answer on Super Stack. They claim it is a Chrome shortcut that displays the text in reverse order. I tried to duplicate the problem by pressing <ctrl> + <left shift>. To No avail it did not perform the undesired problem. So I am going to find away to completely turn off the touchpad and see if that stops the problem.

2. So it looks like I am going to have to launch "Unlocker program" now before cutting and pasting files. This problem has only been starting within the last year. What I suspect that something in Windows 10 is fishy. That means complete instal which I dread to high heaven. I have so many utility programs. My computer is 6+ years old. I guess I will have to live with it until I purchase a new computer.

3. I will look into the bios settings and see if there is a num lock on/off setting tied to waking up. It maybe a HP related problem. I have read where there are problems with HP and the Windows 10 system.

Thanks for your reply. It seems as though my problems are unique because you were the only one who answered.

1ThursdayJC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks

1. File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks - Similar Threads - File Manager Quirks

2. The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The file name " quotation mark search/rename quirk?: I hope Windows doesn't fix this after I've pointed it out, because it's convenient for finding a file quickly, as it automatically puts it alphabetically at the top of the list of file names in a folder, making it easy to find...I don't know if this works in Win11The items...
  3. Various quirks of Windows 10 I have no solution for

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various quirks of Windows 10 I have no solution for: Hello. I'm having some trouble with the user experience on this laptop. I'm wondering what I should be doing on my end in order to prevent these frustrations from occurring, and whether they are Windows 10 issues or problems with my laptop specifically. Model is Asus ROG Flow...
  4. This weird quirk about file transfers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This weird quirk about file transfers: So say I have drives C, D, E. C is the OS, D is libraries, E is misc. If I'm transferring files from D to E, why do they have to pass through C, and if they don't pass through C why does it matter how much space it has? I ask because when transferring from D to E, and I...
  5. Video Editor Quirk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Quirk: If you accidentally delete a file from your Project Library in the Windows 10 video editor, it will say, "We can't find this file" in the timline. When you try to add the file back in, it doesn't copy in with the original name I had, it copies in as C10 Copy 2, and timeline...
  6. update quirks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update quirks: I have several isolated HP 840 workstations, running W10 version 1709. They must remain isolated. One of them refuses to accept the patch for KB4534276. There message is that the update does not apply to the computer. I've applied the most recent servicing stack updated...
  7. Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Peculiar Onedrive Quirk: I have 5 Microsoft branded computers, they all are happily syncing together with the exception of the desktop on one little Surface Pro 3. All OneDrive folders sync in nicely when I look into the file explorer, even the desktop so OneDrive is syncing to the Pro 3....
  8. Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks: Hi there. normally SUDO is sufficient but (for beginners here - old users will probably know the trick so excuse- we were all noobs once !!) if you need SU access in ubuntu simply type SUDO SU and then you are in !! Note though ubuntu rel 17.x has a little nasty in it...
  9. Sleep Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Quirk: I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake...
  10. Win 10 CU update Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 CU update Quirk: Hello Guys and Gals, after updating to Win10 CU i cannot align my icons even with the task bar, i was able to do this before the update, is anyone else having this issue ? , is it possible to resolve it Thanks in advance 81203