Windows 10: File Manager crashes during file search

Discus and support File Manager crashes during file search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my recent Windows 10 updates August 2020, file manager crashes when I try to do a search for a file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MKALG, Aug 14, 2020.

1. MKALG Win User

File Manager crashes during file search

Since my recent Windows 10 updates August 2020, file manager crashes when I try to do a search for a file.

:)

MKALG, Aug 14, 2020

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Aug 14, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 14, 2020
  4. File Manager crashes during file search

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

File Manager crashes during file search

1. File Manager crashes during file search - Similar Threads - File Manager crashes

2. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Manager closes after a search: Sometimes when I do a search in File Manager in Windows, immediately after the results are displayed, File Manager abruptly closes. If I repeat the search, the same thing happens. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do about it?...
  3. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Manager closes after a search: Sometimes when I do a search in File Manager in Windows, immediately after the results are displayed, File Manager abruptly closes. If I repeat the search, the same thing happens. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do about it?...
  4. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  5. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  6. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File Manager is Crashing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager is Crashing Programs: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, all crash if I try to save as a different file name or different file format. If I try to save a Word document as a PDF it crashes. If I try to save an Acrobat file with a different name it crashes. If I try to save a PowerPoint...
  8. File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it...

in Cortana
    File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it...: File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it gets small and I cannot type. Before I try to type anything.[ATTACH] After I try to type a search query [ATTACH] Also, when I try to do a search with the magnifying glass at the...
  9. Applications crash during file open dialogs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications crash during file open dialogs: Windows10 Home Version 10.0.17134 In Chrome and in Cybershot PowerDirector17 (a video editor application), when I try to change a path (switch from one directory to another) in a file open dialog, the application crashes. It's so bad I don't use Chrome (Liking Edge a lot)...
  10. MSVCRT.dll faults during file searches

in Cortana
    MSVCRT.dll faults during file searches: File Explorer has been crashing while doing "content:" searches on my [local solid-state] disk. I navigate to the folder of interest in file explorer and then type the likes of "content:typedef" in file explorer's search box. Searches progress for a while, possibly display...