Windows 10: File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen

Discus and support File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am cleaning up my computer. I did a search of all .jpg files on drive C:, sorted by date. Then I try to delete groups of files. I select them and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gdfarkas, Apr 22, 2020.

1. gdfarkas Win User

File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen

I am cleaning up my computer. I did a search of all .jpg files on drive C:, sorted by date. Then I try to delete groups of files. I select them and then I hit Shift Del. The dialog comes up asking if I want to permanently delete them. I acknowledge it and then seemingly nothing happens. However, the files are deleted but they don't disappear from the display. Why?

:)

gdfarkas, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Apr 22, 2020
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Apr 22, 2020
  4. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen - Similar Threads - File Manager Deleted

2. file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file manager: By mistake i have changed my desktop file location to D drive and now none of my desktop file is showing on my home screen . Please tell how to correct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-manager/7a833a21-f1ac-40d6-b38a-41896a3f8e8e
  3. File Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Manager: intenso usb 3.0 ultra line 32gb not recognized in File Manager. Device Manager shows it in Disk Drives folder but in Other Devices folder itshows as unrecognized device. when this is deleted, the usb 3.0 is deleted in File Manager....
  4. Files stay on desktop after deleted and/or dragged to trash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files stay on desktop after deleted and/or dragged to trash: All of a sudden when I create a file on my desktop or I download or copy a file to my desktop and then later decide to delete it, the icon and the file stays on my desktop i.e., I can still open it without having to restore from trash and I can't delete it. The files will...
  5. Delete in File Manager

Delete in File Manager: I've had the new version for about one week. Hate it so far. I've been down unable to do work more than working. Now i find i have to have permission to delete a file in File Manger. *&$%# I just want to clean up. Any ideas? tks...
  6. double click in file manager causes a delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    double click in file manager causes a delete: a couple of weeks ago (double click = delete) started I have replaced disk, OS, keyboard, mouse, wireless receiver Updated drivers, locked out touch pad. What is going on?...
  7. file management

file management: Why can't I copy files on onedrive straight to a local drive without it being zipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-management/0b1a93f2-0e3b-4ac0-bc9e-876f6b7c45c2"
  8. 1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Didn't Delete my files, but STAY or ROLLBACK?: Since my Windows 10 Feature updates typically have been okay I upgraded my 3 PCS... only to learn some people are having data loss issues. My only PC that holds such data is external HD backed up and Google Backup and Sync'd as well. That said -- -- would you rollback...
  9. Files that will not stay dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Files that will not stay dead: I have a number of files which whatever I do I cannot remove. Having tried several wipe / shredding programs I hoped FoldersShredder would succeed, as it applies what seems a very thorough procedure.. Alas it has not worked, after several attempts. The file is 'deleted' as...
  10. File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager: I have discovered that I am not able to create new folders. When I click ThisPC I am able to view existing folders but not create new ones? Anyone else having problems? 14205