Windows 10: File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

Discus and support File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Win10 Home Rel. 191206-1406, last updated a few days ago. File Manager has apparently lost both its compact line spacing mode AND the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoelMacAuslan, Jan 24, 2022.

1. File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

I am running Win10 Home Rel. 191206-1406, last updated a few days ago. File Manager has apparently lost both its compact line spacing mode AND the checkbox to set it: View -> Options -> Change -> View -> Use compact mode. Note: This was not a problem when I STARTED the File Manager windows over the last few days -- they displayed in the usual compact mode. But now they have lost that setting AND lost the checkbox to reset it. What gives?

:)

JoelMacAuslan, Jan 24, 2022
  2. andrewpt1 Win User

ms money sunset on endless compacting file loop with win10

Have just installed Win10 64 bit ,to find MS Money wont start (IE 6 not installed warning )

found first fix and edited reg with IE version as suggested

But MS money still wont load and is stuck in an endless compacting file loop , normally only see this when closing money

Any ideas for a fix , certainly don't want to lose my MS money app

Also has anyone checked that the python scripts to download stock prices still work in win10 ?

andrewpt1, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10 or 11

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 25, 2022
  4. File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

Sound lost after upgrade to Windows 10 and gettin error message "No driver was supported in this driver package".

Original Title: Sound lost after upgrade to Windows 10

I upgraded to Win10 about a month ago.

I now do not have sound.

The device Manager does not even list "Audio inputs" or "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers".

I can not uninstall the drivers because the system says there is no driver.

Files are listed in the Program Files under "Realtek".

When I try to reinstall from the file the InstallShield Wizard will not even finish starting.

I have followed links from the manufacturer (ASUS) to reinstall.

I only get an error message stating "No driver was supported in this driver package".

Any suggestions?

Will I need to do a reinstall of Win10?

Thanks for any info.

Tom FosterX1, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

1. File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10. - Similar Threads - File Manager has

2. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  3. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  4. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.: I am running Win10 Home Rel. 191206-1406, last updated a few days ago. File Manager has apparently lost both its compact line spacing mode AND the checkbox to set it: View -> Options -> Change -> View -> Use compact mode. Note: This was not a problem when I STARTED the File...
  6. File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager has lost "Use Compact Mode" in last week's "upgrade" to Win10.: I am running Win10 Home Rel. 191206-1406, last updated a few days ago. File Manager has apparently lost both its compact line spacing mode AND the checkbox to set it: View -> Options -> Change -> View -> Use compact mode. Note: This was not a problem when I STARTED the File...
  7. "use compact mode" is missing from File Manager settings, Windows 10, OS build 19042.985

in Windows 10 Customization
    "use compact mode" is missing from File Manager settings, Windows 10, OS build 19042.985: Work had us upgrade or Windows 10 to OS build 19042.985.I want my Icons in a folder to be "closer" to each other I use medium icons. Before, I could go to View -> Options -> Change Folder & Search options -> View tab, and put a check next to "use compact mode". This "use...
  8. Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month: Before the last update I was able to select all files - new or modified - in say the last week or last month. Now when I highlight the directory and enter into the search box the option for modified since doesn't appear....
  9. BSOD Memory Management after the last Win10 Update (this week)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory Management after the last Win10 Update (this week): Hello, I just wonder whether someone else had the similar problem as I did. On Feb 12, 2019, the latest Win10 update was installed on my PC. Until then, it worked flawlessly. Suddenly, it started with BSOD Memory Management error and it did it several times since then. I was...
  10. Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win10 File Explorer to open in last used folder: How do I get File Explorer to open in the last used folder? NOT quick access, just in the normal list of directories. (file folders) I hate 'quick access', it slows everything down so much and makes all other folders invisible - I just want the normal file list visible and...