Windows 10: File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window

Discus and support File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, First of all thanks to everybody to help newbies like me. I have problem when i'm working with the file manager in windows 10, when i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aub7, Aug 27, 2016.

1. aub7 Win User

File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window

Hi guys,

First of all thanks to everybody to help newbies like me.

I have problem when i'm working with the file manager in windows 10, when i'm inside the "Downloads" folder, if i try to open a subfolder, then open a new window.

I'm not english navite speaker so i make a short GIF to explain better.

I paste here, as can you see even i have select the correct option keep ocurring and also if i restore the default it happens too.

File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window [​IMG]

I have Windows 10 1607 comp 14393.82

EDIT: I have noticed something else, for some reason when i change the name of a file do not apply instantly and i have to manually update the folder, and all it happend in this folder.

There is some way to restore to default via regedit or something?

:)

2. When opening folder in downloads window, a new explorer window of folder is opened

I started a new user profile and although it worked. It is a solution, although inconvenient. I suppose you can mark this as answered then.

angryunibrow, Aug 27, 2016
  3. When opening folder in downloads window, a new explorer window of folder is opened

When navigating to the downloads folder from "This PC", any folder opened will have a new window opened. Sometimes two open as shown in the picture. When navigating from the user folder, I have no problem. The only thing that fixes this issue is creating
    a new user profile. I have tried multiple commands with no change. This problem only exists with the download folder, every other folder works fine.

File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window [​IMG]

angryunibrow, Aug 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 27, 2016
  5. aub7 Win User
    aub7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Manager keep opening a folder in a new window - Similar Threads - File Manager keep

2. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  3. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  4. File explorer opens folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  5. File explorer opens folders in new windows

File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  6. File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows: I'm currently on windows 11 latest public build, and every time I try and open folders in explorer, it opens in a new window. This is super frustrating and to get to the folder i need, I end up with 10 or more explorer windows open.I've tried the basics such as going into...
  7. File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows

File explorer keeps opening folders in new windows: I'm currently on windows 11 latest public build, and every time I try and open folders in explorer, it opens in a new window. This is super frustrating and to get to the folder i need, I end up with 10 or more explorer windows open.I've tried the basics such as going into...
  8. Stop folders opening in new window in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop folders opening in new window in file explorer.: Today file explorer decide to open folders in new windows, how can I stop it. I've already tried using the option in the folder options "open in same window" which was already checked. Any ideas? submitted by /u/djdoubt03 [link] [comments]...
  9. Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...: So "This PC" has a series of folders: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc... I have my preferences to "Open each folder in the same window". For most folders, this works exactly as it should. However, whenever I open a sub folder in the Downloads folder, it opens...
  10. How to open new folder but keep the existing one open?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open new folder but keep the existing one open?: Now in my third week with Windows 10 after 15 years using XP. After much googling and several posts in various newgroups and forums I still have no answer to the subject question. In XP, if you wanted to open a new folder (e.g. move up to the next one in the tree) you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file manager windows keeps opening

2. new window in file manager