Windows 10: File Manager query

Discus and support File Manager query in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 26, 2020.

1. File Manager query

I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden files visible, even done multiple searches on my drives for any "New folder". I even went as far as doing tronscript for malware and virus checks. This issue still occurs, any experts know what might be happening? Been having this issue for a while now...

submitted by /u/AblazeTheCore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 26, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Manager

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if it helps.

• Right click on a few space in File Manager

• Click on Sort By

• Select appropriate sort order

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 26, 2020
  4. mjean1 Win User

File Manager query

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

File Manager query

1. File Manager query - Similar Threads - File Manager query

2. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  3. Remote Desktop Server Manager query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Server Manager query: In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to disconnect or log it off as they will lose their other applications. Thank you...
  4. File explorer query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  5. File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it...

in Cortana
    File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it...: File manager, When I try to type a search query into the search field of file manager it gets small and I cannot type. Before I try to type anything.[ATTACH] After I try to type a search query [ATTACH] Also, when I try to do a search with the magnifying glass at the...
  6. Disk management query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management query: I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022
  7. Disk management query

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk management query: I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022
  8. Page File Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File Query: I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at 1394 megs. I've read that 2 x memory total is a number to shoot at. That would be around 8 gig page file. Space is not a...
  9. file encryption query

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption query: ive never bothered with file encryption before. but iam strongly considering it.. the question is, when you encrypt a file or folder, can you still download a program or images into it?*Shock 94501
  10. Disk Management Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Query: For clarity, even if you delete the 300 MB partition, it is very difficult to reclaim that space as partition managers cannot move the 128MB MSR partition. In fact, in Windows 10 clean installs, that partition is only 16 MB. You can however delete it and recreate it using...