Windows 10: File Manager shows NAS twice

Discus and support File Manager shows NAS twice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had this problem before and had it fixed for the most part. I had to wipe the drive and clean install Windows 10. Now when I look at Network I see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredBrodeur, Oct 19, 2019.

1. File Manager shows NAS twice

I had this problem before and had it fixed for the most part. I had to wipe the drive and clean install Windows 10. Now when I look at Network I see a representation of my NAS "MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA". The top one shows the "odd" folder structure. the second representation of "MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA" shows what I would consider normal.

unfortunately what ever is causing this is breaking UNC path usage. If I use a UNC path in a program the software says "Unable to find path."

The share is read/write everyone.

I've restarted Computer browser service,

deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

Anyone have any idea what broke?

:)

FredBrodeur, Oct 19, 2019

2. File Explorer shows NAS twice

Hi Fred,

Shared folders or libraries appear on the File Explorer by design. Try following these steps and see how it goes:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Select the library where you want to remove a folder.
    3. Tap or click the Library Tools tab, and then tap or click
      Manage
      library.
    4. In the dialog box that appears, select the folder you want to remove, tap or click
      Remove, and then tap or click OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 19, 2019
  3. File Explorer shows NAS twice

File Explorer is now showing the normal content of my 2 NAS devices AND a second showing the shares on the NAS devices. I DO NOT want shares shown. See photos attached. How to I get rid of the problem causing displays in File Explorer? (circled in red)

File Manager shows NAS twice fdfd1824-fb12-4782-abed-515a0b18c196?upload=true.jpg

File Manager shows NAS twice [​IMG]

4. File Manager shows NAS twice

File Explorer shows NAS twice

Hi Adrianne, It's not about Libraries. It's about changing how network attached storage is displayed in File Manager. Prior to the April update I could see both NAS devices without the mount points as shown in my photo. Today I can only see the shares
    displaying the mount points. There are not two representations of MVCLOUDEX2ULTRA. I only have the top one .

Thema:

File Manager shows NAS twice

1. File Manager shows NAS twice - Similar Threads - File Manager shows

2. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  3. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  4. EXHD not showing in file manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXHD not showing in file manager: I want to transfer files from EHD but it's not showing up on This PC. How do i get it to show up Windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exhd-not-showing-in-file-manager/1df92ba4-2e17-478a-93d1-b4eff81f2e76"
  5. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  6. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  7. NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager

NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager: When I was using Windows 7 Pro, my NAS shares were showing in the Network area of the File Manger. But, I no longer see the shares in Windows 10. I can map the shares using the Map Network Drive. That works, but I need to be able to access these shares via the Network view....
  8. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....
  9. File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE: Hi there Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860). [img] Not a show stopper but annoying. Cheers jimbo 2819
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file manager windows 10 nas