Windows 10: File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10

Discus and support File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Each time I try to burn files to a CD-R, the dialogue tells me the disc is unusable. I have now discarded about 12 discs, including one form a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahDavis2, Jul 28, 2020.

1. File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10

Each time I try to burn files to a CD-R, the dialogue tells me the disc is unusable. I have now discarded about 12 discs, including one form a new packet!

I have tried copy to disc and then 'manage/burn' and I have tried 'burn to disc' followed by 'manage/finish burning'. I get the same message 'disc is unusable!'

:)

SarahDavis2, Jul 28, 2020

2. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Well, Clark, I assume you burned the wav files into a blank DVD type disc, that's probably the reason why the CD player can't recognize DVD disc. MP3 format doesn't seem to be the reason, so I suggest you buy some CD-R type blank disc and burn your audios
    to it. Good luck!

Dexter Lien, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Having trouble burning audio files onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive or from a USB device. The disc wants to format data as DVD instead of CD, which limits the devices on which I can play back the audio. The files being transferred to the disc are
    all WAV files. I have used the Windows Media Player software and I have directly dragged files from internal to disc in the external disc player. Result is always the same. Last year I was able to do this successfully, but obviously am forgetting some key
    step in the process that produces audio files in DVD format. (I can play these on my computer, but not in my car's CD player, as it won't read the disc.)

ClarkHoltzman, Jul 28, 2020
  4. File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10

Windows 10 is indicating I have files to be burned but will not burn them

Hi Lynda,

To assist you in burning photos, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Media Player. Click on "photos" at the left side. This should display all the photo files on the computer.
    • Click on the "Burn" tab at the top right to display a "burn list" panel on the right side.
    • Insert a recordable disc, such as CD-R, in the CD/DVD drive. The burn list panel will show the total and usable minutes for the disc.
    • Type over "Burn list" with the name for the disc.
    • At the top right of the burn panel, click the icon with a down arrow to display a menu of options, such as "Audio CD" (to play on a CD player, or a computer) or "Data CD" (to display on a computer like a USB drive).
    • Drag and drop photo files from the left pane to the lower section of the burn list pane. Above the files in the burn list will appear data about the remaining minutes on the CD.
    • After all files have been added to the burn list, they may be rearranged in order desired on the disc by drag and drop.
    • At the top, click "Start burn". The files will be copied to the disc. The progress will be shown above the burn list.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10

1. File Manager won't burn files to CD-R in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Manager won't

2. Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW: My CD/DVD-RW drive is refusing to write it reads OK. Windows Media Player repeatedly says it can't burn the files, after starting and then giving up. The drive is brand-new, just replaced, but my first test after getting it installed resulted in no change. Is there some other...
  3. Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW: My CD/DVD-RW drive is refusing to write it reads OK. Windows Media Player repeatedly says it can't burn the files, after starting and then giving up. The drive is brand-new, just replaced, but my first test after getting it installed resulted in no change. Is there some other...
  4. Burn a file to CD

Burn a file to CD: I can't burn a file to CD-R using external ODD & HDD device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-a-file-to-cd/3a1b1705-fe1e-4462-ae21-c5580e3a314d
  5. Burning a WAV file to CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning a WAV file to CD: I have been trying for hours to burn several WAV files that I copied to Widows media player but each time I get an error message saying Media Player can not open WAV files. Is there some way to change the type of file or to get Media player open it and burn it?...
  6. burning video files to cd

burning video files to cd: What kind of cd disk should I used to burn video files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-video-files-to-cd/e1267c3e-9ea6-449f-be46-ae9aae348e8d
  7. Verbatim CD-R does not burn in Windows 10

Verbatim CD-R does not burn in Windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 5748 64-bit with a MATSHITA DVD-R +- RW UJ8E2. I have never tried the burning feature until now, only to find out that I cannot burn. Having used multiple burning programmes, including the Desktop Burning Gadget, Windows Media Player, and CD Burner XP,...
  8. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc: Having trouble burning audio files onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive or from a USB device. The disc wants to format data as DVD instead of CD, which limits the devices on which I can play back the audio. The files being transferred to the disc are all WAV files. I have...
  9. how to burn file to cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to burn file to cd: how do I burn a pdf to a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-file-to-cd/a3de1681-1bad-4c8b-9683-f7f57d6d80e2"
  10. burn CD-R with Windows player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn CD-R with Windows player: I have Windows 10, I can copy original CD music in Windows Player Media, but, then, can't burn to a blank CD-R? I'm nearly 80 yrs old, not a teenage. Need help, Thank you...