Windows 10: File Manager

Discus and support File Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have discovered that I am not able to create new folders. When I click ThisPC I am able to view existing folders but not create new ones? Anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyfernet, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Cyfernet Win User

File Manager

I have discovered that I am not able to create new folders. When I click ThisPC I am able to view existing folders but not create new ones? Anyone else having problems?

:)

Cyfernet, Aug 7, 2015
  2. alex80386 Win User

file deleted from file manager

Do you know the name of the file?

Many files are log files and others that are not important and as mentioned by thetao - the standard file manager hides many important files and folders so the most important files are not likely to be removed by the file manager.

If the missing file is not causing any problems, then most likely there is no need to worry and when you get the upcoming PR2 aka "Anna" upgrade in the next 1-2 months, then the file should get replaced with a new one.

alex80386, Aug 7, 2015
  3. file deleted from file manager

By mistake I deleted a file from phone memory in the file manager. Is to important to have all the orgianal files in the file manager or do I reload the software. What do I do. i have a E 7.

nandabelliappa---01, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

File Manager

1. File Manager - Similar Threads - File Manager

2. Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer: Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device Manager [img] File Explorer [img] The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing. What can I do...
  3. Is there any file managers that come with their own USB driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any file managers that come with their own USB driver?: Hi! Are there any file managers that work with win 10 that have their own independent driver? The idea would be to read and write USB drive independently of what windows thinks of it. For example if win 10 mounts usb device with read only access due to reasons and I cant...
  4. How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>: My Toshiba Ext HDD is not showing up in file manager. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-toshiba-ext-hdd-to-register-in/a1303424-b2b9-496c-abc9-b27101d545fe"
  5. Beta Testers needed for new file manager

Beta Testers needed for new file manager: Hello, I an trying to find beta testers for a new file manager for Windows 10.(desktop only) It is currnetly (poorly) named DrtFMngPreview (This is a temporary name), and it has the following key features: Multi Column View. Thumbnails in details (last) column, up to...
  6. Photoshop Elements and File Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photoshop Elements and File Manager: How to stop Photoshop Elements from opening when I click on a file in File Manager (Windows) to move it. I click on one, shift click to add several, and Photoshop Elements opens....
  7. Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager: Sandbox Configuration Manager is a free program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that helps users of the system create sandbox configuration files. Windows Sandbox is a new feature of Windows 10 version 1903 that uses Windows Containers to provide the sandbox...
  8. Complete replacement for iTunes , also "file manager" for iOS devices

Complete replacement for iTunes , also "file manager" for iOS devices: Because I use both a desktop and a laptop, iTunes makes it impossible for me to manage music, books, etc., apps, and everything else on my iPhone and iPad. I need a complete replacement that gives me the flexibility to use iPhone/iPad with either system, with no b/s about...
  9. Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Manager, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at the...
  10. File open seems to sometimes cause a stop code of memory management.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File open seems to sometimes cause a stop code of memory management.: I've run the memory checker and chkdsk. I'm going to try disabling some of the programs like One Drive that capture the disk APIs. Any other suggestions?...