Windows 10: file migration

Discus and support file migration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Intermediate level tech capabilities. Looking for easiest way to move data, settings, a few programs from one laptop to another both Windows 10 based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichNHFF, Dec 26, 2018.

1. RichNHFF Win User

file migration

Intermediate level tech capabilities. Looking for easiest way to move data, settings, a few programs from one laptop to another both Windows 10 based systems. Looked at PCMover software site. Thanks.

:)

RichNHFF, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 26, 2018
  3. AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Possible reason why it’s getting stuck at blue logo screen is because the installation disc that you are using is damaged or corrupted.

Migrating to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit operating system requires installation, that means all files, data and applications will be deleted, we suggest to create a backup before the installation.

For the meantime, we recommend to create another installation media using Media Creation Tool and check if issue still persists.

Follow the steps listed on the article below on how to Migrate from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit .

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

JericDale Ort, Dec 26, 2018
  4. file migration

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

file migration

1. file migration - Similar Threads - file migration

2. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  3. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  4. How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?: I copied my complete C to an external drive, then uploaded the drive to to my new computer with Windows 11 pre-installed.When I look under This PC, I see a file 8GD3v12_TOM which is apparently an INP file?, 1022 files, 1 folder, read only.How do I open this file, pick and...
  5. How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?

How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?: I copied my complete C to an external drive, then uploaded the drive to to my new computer with Windows 11 pre-installed.When I look under This PC, I see a file 8GD3v12_TOM which is apparently an INP file?, 1022 files, 1 folder, read only.How do I open this file, pick and...
  6. missing files after migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing files after migration: i just migrated from a hdd to a ssd, files, os, everything, but a lot of my files are missing just empty folders. i have tried looking for hidden files but they still arent there. it also still says that the space is taken up on the drive where the files should be Game files,...
  7. missing files after migration

missing files after migration: i just migrated from a hdd to a ssd, files, os, everything, but a lot of my files are missing just empty folders. i have tried looking for hidden files but they still arent there. it also still says that the space is taken up on the drive where the files should be Game files,...
  8. While Copying Migrated PrintBrm file asking for Admin access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    While Copying Migrated PrintBrm file asking for Admin access: Dear Team, we were testing one feature develop for one of our customer where Printer setting of current machine we are exporting to PrintBRM file.where till last week we are able to copy the file any where with out any additional permission. But this week 3rd July Monday...
  9. While Copying Migrated PrintBrm file asking for Admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Copying Migrated PrintBrm file asking for Admin access: Dear Team, we were testing one feature develop for one of our customer where Printer setting of current machine we are exporting to PrintBRM file.where till last week we are able to copy the file any where with out any additional permission. But this week 3rd July Monday...
  10. While Copying Migrated PrintBrm file asking for Admin access