Windows 10: File name change

Discus and support File name change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Julie Ann S, Jan 31, 2020.

1. File name change

I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD

none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!!

the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW !

blocking me from me from changing anything.

Help

:)

Julie Ann S, Jan 31, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile File name change :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jan 31, 2020
  4. File name change

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

File name change

1. File name change - Similar Threads - File name change

2. Changing a name on an Admin file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a name on an Admin file?: I have an Admin account on my Windows 11 system that has the wrong spelling for the username. Its the only account on the Microsoft account. Is there a way to change the folder name? i cant "change name" like you can with normal files, and its re-appearing every time I...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  5. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Change User File Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change User File Name: my system was set up buy the the people putting it together.my name was misspelled and i would like to correct it.this is a windows 11 system I was a some how able to change my profile name as the admin.in the registry it has my correct name - just the user file on C: Drive...
  7. Change Default File Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default File Names: ___[ATTACH] How to change the default names of new files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-names/876377ad-f171-4720-8685-1e98da04abe3
  8. Change or Delete File Name

Change or Delete File Name: Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-delete-file-name/fdf1e777-137d-484d-9093-68108b40e553"
  9. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  10. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....