Windows 10: file name selection dropdown

Discus and support file name selection dropdown in Cortana to solve the problem; i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CloverCorp, May 2, 2020.

1. file name selection dropdown

i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue

its hard to put into words but its something like this

i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with the files that had that part of what i typed in it.

it doesnt do that anymore and this has disrupted my sense of normalcy and i just wanna know how to fix it.

sorry if this sounds super confusing i had no idea how i would type this. file name selection dropdown 86706a0e-c02a-40c7-97c0-d9b9b2e4ee86?upload=true.png

:)

CloverCorp, May 2, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 2, 2020
  3. How to disable the new circular attribute of Win10 IE11 dropdown select list?

IE must be used due to its ability to handle ActiveX controls from Realterm.

Several dropdown lists are necessary.

Apparently, a recently installed Win10 / IE11 update has changed my dropdown select lists into circular wraparound lists.

I need to disable the circular wraparound attribute for select lists (in IE11, and in all other browsers that might begin behaving similarly).

Is there something like a "circular: none" or "wraparound: none" that can be applied to the select element in CSS so that:

a) the initial list display only occupies a portion of 1 single line,

b) clicking on that 1 single item in the list will popup the dropdown list,

c) the 1st item in the list is always at the top, even though it may not be visible (due to disappearing off the top of the IE11 default-sized fixed scrolling region) while scrolling to later members of the list,

d) the last item in the list is always at the bottom, even though it may not be visible (due to disappearing off the bottom of the IE11 default-sized fixed scrolling region) while scrolling to earlier members of the list,

e) the 1st item in the list absolutely never appears at the bottom of the popup dropdown list, and

f) the last item in the list absolutely never appears at the top of the popup dropdown list?

Or is there another simple, preferably non-Javascript way to accomplish this goal.

Basically, I want to preserve the old style of dropdown lists from WinXP IE8 and Win7 IE11 (and, IIRC, even Win10 IE11 up until a few weeks/months ago), though I'm willing to lose the scroll bar on the righthand size. That scrollbar is not a biggy for me
    to retain.

esl_97_850_T5, May 2, 2020
  4. file name selection dropdown

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again.
    Many thanks
    file name selection dropdown [​IMG]

Owen Howell, May 2, 2020
Thema:

file name selection dropdown

1. file name selection dropdown - Similar Threads - file name selection

2. File Rename Error - Edit part of existing Name - Select All - Rewrite Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Rename Error - Edit part of existing Name - Select All - Rewrite Name: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-rename-bug/3ae7aa45-f157-4d67-a6ad-6ec940e7b92bI'm having this exact same problem.The answer there didn't address the error.That post was locked.The problems not fixed....
  3. File Rename Error - Edit part of existing Name - Select All - Rewrite Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Rename Error - Edit part of existing Name - Select All - Rewrite Name: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-rename-bug/3ae7aa45-f157-4d67-a6ad-6ec940e7b92bI'm having this exact same problem.The answer there didn't address the error.That post was locked.The problems not fixed....
  4. File Rename Error - Edit part of existing Name - Select All - Rewrite Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I select specific files by name in a folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I select specific files by name in a folder ?: Okay thanks in advance of this . I have a list of lets say 10 file names. They are in a text file. I want to search a folder that has those file names, highlight and then i guess, reverse the highlight to all other files in that folder, so i can delete the other files,...
  6. Select Diskpart Volume by name?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select Diskpart Volume by name?: So, here's the scenario: I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to open Diskpart and assign drive letter P to the volume where the batch file is located. How am I supposed to do that. I know how it works (I wouldn't ask this question... Never mind!), but how can I select...
  7. Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user: I am unable to select the font dropdown in Camtasia 2019 or 2020 with my primary account on my new Dell XPS laptop. If I add a new annotation or try to change an existing one by opening the font dropdown, the dropdown does not open and Camtasia crashes. I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Save as function randomly selecting file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save as function randomly selecting file names: What I expect to be able to do: Open a word doc Alter said doc Click save as Windows explorer will then highlight the file I am saving in its current location What is actually happening: Open a word doc Alter said doc Click save as Windows explorer will then...
  9. windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection: windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection; WinVersion 1909 build: 18363.329 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-feature-is-missing-from-the/e7c12da5-227b-4649-885e-d1015ac49262
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...