Windows 10: File named \

Discus and support File named \ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThePlyDo, Nov 8, 2020.

1. ThePlyDo Win User

File named \

So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is and its not a virus cause i already ran a full scan. Ill post a link to the mcafee website where i asked this question and will provide a picture of what i see. Btw i dont see it running in task manager https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/A-file-named-only-when-scrolling-through-connections-protected/m-p/673079#M39351
    File named \ [​IMG]

:)

ThePlyDo, Nov 8, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 8, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 8, 2020
  4. File named \

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

File named \

1. File named \ - Similar Threads - File named

2. How do I keep the file name change to stay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the file name change to stay?: There is a pdf file that has a typo in the name, and I am trying to change the name. I can get the file to open up the rename interaction, and it lets me hit enter and doesn't indicate an error, but the typo is not fixed. All the files around it can be renamed without any...
  3. How do I keep the file name change to stay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep the file name change to stay?: There is a pdf file that has a typo in the name, and I am trying to change the name. I can get the file to open up the rename interaction, and it lets me hit enter and doesn't indicate an error, but the typo is not fixed. All the files around it can be renamed without any...
  4. hello i have a file named zbrain.desktop and would like any tips on how to get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i have a file named zbrain.desktop and would like any tips on how to get rid of it...: so i have this issue its a exe file named zbrain.desktop and it keeps opening the cmd and my chrome and it closes it immediatly after its fully loaded and i would like for anyone to assist me in permanently deleting it as its my laptop and would need it for school soon thank...
  5. hello i have a file named zbrain.desktop and would like any tips on how to get rid of it...

hello i have a file named zbrain.desktop and would like any tips on how to get rid of it...: so i have this issue its a exe file named zbrain.desktop and it keeps opening the cmd and my chrome and it closes it immediatly after its fully loaded and i would like for anyone to assist me in permanently deleting it as its my laptop and would need it for school soon thank...
  6. File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...: Today i Notice That I Was Running Out Of Space On My Computer So I Ran WinDirStat To See What Was Taking Up Most Of my Storage After I Noticed That A File Named 513710F3-B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 took Up 95 GB, But I Don't Know If It Is A Critical File Or How To Access It...
  7. File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...

File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...: Today i Notice That I Was Running Out Of Space On My Computer So I Ran WinDirStat To See What Was Taking Up Most Of my Storage After I Noticed That A File Named 513710F3-B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 took Up 95 GB, But I Don't Know If It Is A Critical File Or How To Access It...
  8. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  9. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  10. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?