Windows 10: File named \

Discus and support File named \ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThePlyDo, Nov 8, 2020.

1. ThePlyDo Win User

File named \

So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is and its not a virus cause i already ran a full scan. Ill post a link to the mcafee website where i asked this question and will provide a picture of what i see. Btw i dont see it running in task manager https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/A-file-named-only-when-scrolling-through-connections-protected/m-p/673079#M39351
    File named \ [​IMG]

:)

ThePlyDo, Nov 8, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 8, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 8, 2020
  4. File named \

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

File named \

1. File named \ - Similar Threads - File named

2. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?: how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-command-or-file-name-massage-for/1a0492f8-c069-4eb4-8c7c-8157f31ed331
  3. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?: how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-command-or-file-name-massage-for/1a0492f8-c069-4eb4-8c7c-8157f31ed331
  4. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File Name Warning-Program.html

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Name Warning-Program.html: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎4/‎24/‎2022 OS build 22000.1281 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0 Hello.The error message box appears every time I restart the computer.These files are in C:\ and I tried to delete them but they will...
  6. File Name Warning-Program.html

File Name Warning-Program.html: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎4/‎24/‎2022 OS build 22000.1281 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0 Hello.The error message box appears every time I restart the computer.These files are in C:\ and I tried to delete them but they will...
  7. Windows File History restored files and changed the computer user folder name in C:/Users/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File History restored files and changed the computer user folder name in C:/Users/: I had a laptop which recently broke and the manufacturer had to send me a replacement. I had used File History to backup my files. I restored the files to the new computer which has a different computer name and username. Unfortunately, this changed the username on the new...
  8. Windows File History restored files and changed the computer user folder name in C:/Users/

Windows File History restored files and changed the computer user folder name in C:/Users/: I had a laptop which recently broke and the manufacturer had to send me a replacement. I had used File History to backup my files. I restored the files to the new computer which has a different computer name and username. Unfortunately, this changed the username on the new...
  9. The file name error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...
  10. The file name error

The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...