Windows 10: File names corrupted to .npsk format

Discus and support File names corrupted to .npsk format in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI, I have installed some wrong software which had ransomware, and this is affected my PC. However slightly late i have realized that my pc being... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Praveen Ankolekar, May 22, 2020.

1. File names corrupted to .npsk format

HI,

I have installed some wrong software which had ransomware, and this is affected my PC. However slightly late i have realized that my pc being affected by virus. by then my all files were renamed as .npsk praveen.jpg.npsk. does any one have solution to this as how to get rid of this ?

Though i have resetted my PC but stil not able to open or use those corrupted files.My PC is installed with Windows 10

kindly anyone help me with this

Regards,

Praveena

* Moved from Windows 10/Files

:)

Praveen Ankolekar, May 22, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 22, 2020
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, May 22, 2020
  4. File names corrupted to .npsk format

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, May 22, 2020
Thema:

File names corrupted to .npsk format

1. File names corrupted to .npsk format - Similar Threads - File names corrupted

2. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  3. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  5. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Files format and name changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files format and name changed: I have a toshiba 1TB external drive . on my drive some of the files were renamed and changed tothe following format <file name>.id-30BEA7CC.[*** Email address is removed for privacy ***].filters i am unable to open or recover these files please help....
  7. File names currepted to .npsk format

File names currepted to .npsk format: HI, I have installed some wrong software which had ransomware, and this is affected my PC. However slightly late i have realized that my pc being affected by virus. by then my all files were renamed as .npsk praveen.jpg.npsk. does any one have solution to this as how to get...
  8. NPSK files not opening problem

NPSK files not opening problem: How can it solve [Moderator Edit: Moved from Windows \ Windows 10 \ Files, Folder & Storage] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/npsk-files-not-opening-problem/4ff004cf-6fd7-432b-b163-5ab9e025ad44
  9. NPSK files not opening problem

NPSK files not opening problem: How can it solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/npsk-files-not-opening-problem/4ff004cf-6fd7-432b-b163-5ab9e025ad44
  10. NPSK Virus npsk.file

NPSK Virus npsk.file: I Have Been Infected with Ransomware Hello friend, I have a question. my computer is infected with a ransomware ending with .npsk, could you help me find a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/npsk-virus-npskfile/20f6a8d0-6308-4881-a1d0-dea9cbcce1cb