Windows 10: File names,properties missing

Discus and support File names,properties missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden randomly some file names and options are not showing. Please help. attached what it is like. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShubhadityaBanerjee, Apr 25, 2020.

1. File names,properties missing

All of a sudden randomly some file names and options are not showing. Please help. attached what it is like.

File names,properties missing 3cff9d20-ab20-4a74-9230-9dfbcf978994?upload=true.jpg

:)

ShubhadityaBanerjee, Apr 25, 2020

2. windows 10 system properties toolbar missing

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does the toolbar is missing in Internet Explorer and File Explorer?

I suggest you to press Alt+ f and check if it is visible.

I also recommend you to check the issue in new user account.

To Create a new user account refer to the below steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then
      select Other User Accounts
      towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit
      Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the
      new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Processor name not showing in System properties window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) Service usually manages the information displayed in the System properties window. It could be possible that the service is not running properly that is the reason the Processor name is not displayed in
    the System properties window.

I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Windows Management Instrumentation service, and check if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running then, right click on the service and click on
      Properties.
    5. Now, select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    6. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 25, 2020
  4. File names,properties missing

MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

File names,properties missing

1. File names,properties missing - Similar Threads - File names properties

2. File properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File properties: When I create/save new word documents, they are always "read-only." How do I set document properties, so I can edit, and/or delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-properties/43c1a6ba-a9a9-48f9-8e20-7094ac417e75
  3. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  4. File properties.

File properties.: Can anyone tell why I cannot see the Details tab in file properties, specifically HP Soft-Paq *.exe files? W10 Home 64-bit running on my HP PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-properties/828de51f-3f4f-4840-ab99-1c9154ea93ea
  5. File Properties

File Properties: I would like to simply open a folder which contains music files MP3s and see the details of the music, such as artist and album. I currently only see details such as Date modified and Type. This used to change automatically, but no longer does. Now I know to go to...
  6. File Properties is missing "Icon change"

File Properties is missing "Icon change": I can not change file to icon as the option to do this is no longer there. The only options that are there is General and Previous Versions in the Header bar. Can you please give me a way so as to restore the properties folder so as to show normal page changing options. Such...
  7. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  8. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...
  9. File properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties: Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10...
  10. Sharing tab missing in properties

Sharing tab missing in properties: I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated. As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that...