Windows 10: File names vanish and reappear in all folders

Discus and support File names vanish and reappear in all folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a folder, the each file's name disappears and comes back only after it does it for every file int he folder. This has been happening for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mroct23, May 18, 2021.

1. mroct23 Win User

File names vanish and reappear in all folders

When I open a folder, the each file's name disappears and comes back only after it does it for every file int he folder. This has been happening for a few years on every PC that I have. I built a new one, hoping that it would be resolved. Please advise

:)

mroct23, May 18, 2021
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, May 18, 2021
  3. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 18, 2021
  4. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. File names vanish and reappear in all folders - Similar Threads - File names vanish

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating a default file name for all files saved to a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a default file name for all files saved to a folder: Where i work we have many documents that are saved to their respective folder on a daily basis by many different people. Everyone seems to have their own idea on what the files saved in the folder should be named. As you can probably imagine, it gets messy. Im curious if...
  6. Files and Folders Name Vanished for No Reason

Files and Folders Name Vanished for No Reason: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home and all of a sudden the font changed in Notepad and the text font when typing anything on Win + R command box. Also, the files and folders name vanished on my laptop. I am not sure what caused it. I am using Google Chrome and everything...
  7. Files and Folders keep Reappearing

Files and Folders keep Reappearing: I am on a Windows 10 computer and recently I've noticed that sometimes when I log on all of my files and or folders that I've previously deleted have come back and are on my pc desktop. For one particular file it takes like 5 tries to delete it all the way because it keeps...
  8. Old Account Name folder keeps reappearing

Old Account Name folder keeps reappearing: So I recently changed the user account name in my PC but a folder with the same old account name keeps reappearing at C:\Users\ the new account name folder is there too. While everything with the new account name folder seems fine, the old account name folder gets...
  9. All files vanished in the process of copying

in Windows 10 Support
    All files vanished in the process of copying: Desktop PC Windows 10 home 64b. purchased 5 months ago. This has happened 2 times in 3 months: An SD memory card was taken out of a DSLR after shooting 30 or 40 photos and inserted into the above said PC for copying the photos. A message showed up saying something like an...
  10. Vanishing Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing Folder: I am trying to redo my Windows 10 PC. The network adaptors cannot be changed so I brought a new SSD drive and started installing everything fresh. Once Windows was up I started installing all my programs and transferring data from the original SSD to the new one. Do this by...