Windows 10: File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet

Discus and support File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having issues on accessing my PC connected to the router via ethernet cable. I've hosted a jellyfin app on my pc and wanted to connect to it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rardotes, Feb 2, 2021.

1. File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet

I'm having issues on accessing my PC connected to the router via ethernet cable. I've hosted a jellyfin app on my pc and wanted to connect to it from my phone via wifi. If I switch my pc's connection to wifi, there is no problem. Need help please. Network profile is in Private.

submitted by /u/rardotes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rardotes, Feb 2, 2021

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Feb 2, 2021
  4. File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet

No internet access over hosted network in windows 10...

There is nothing problem.

All you need to again reset your Shared Network Setting.

Steps to Fix this Issue-

1. Start your Hosted network.

2. Right Click on your Ethernet Connection.

• Click on Shared Tab.
    • Now Select your Newly Created Shared Netwok like - Local Area Connection* 10
    3. Now you see that you get Internet in your connected devices through your shared network.

4. The Hosted Network Problem is resolved.

Thanking you to read my comments.

Mukesh Kumar Yadav, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet

1. File/Network Sharing where host is on Ethernet - Similar Threads - File Network Sharing

2. File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network: I am able to share files and folders.When I go to another computer and try to map a drive to the share that I created on the first computer I can't get past the Network Credentials prompt.I have setup the network credentials on all computers to be my username and the same...
  3. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  4. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  5. Where to share minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where to share minidump files: Hello everyone, I am getting BSOD/Crashes after turning on my camera. I have tried the driver verifier and got the necessary minidump files. My question is where should I share them?...
  6. Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10: I have a PC with upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 ver 1909 Build 18363.592. I also have a laptop with a new install Windows 10 Home ver 1903 build 18362.592. They are the only workstations on a home network connected via Ethernet. They both use Norton Internet...
  7. Where can I find Network Host?

Where can I find Network Host?: I tried to add a Wi-Fi security camera to the Q-See camera system. However the system says that it cannot find the Network Host. What kind of Network Host is it? Where can I find it?...
  8. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...
  9. Hosts File Alias not working with File Share

Hosts File Alias not working with File Share: I can set an alias in the hosts file on a win7 machine and access it just fine but doing the same in Win10 prompts for creds that never work even when entered correctly. What did win10 change? hosts file entry: 127.0.0.1 hostname alias \\ip - works fine \\hostname...
  10. Unable to host virtual network for internet sharing

Unable to host virtual network for internet sharing: I've been getting the following error: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Things I've already done trying to solve the problem(To save time from suggesting the same things) : 1) Clean install of Windows 10. 2) Made...