Windows 10: File Nomenclature ?

Discus and support File Nomenclature ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have some quite old files that I haven't looked at for quite a while, but would possibly like to use them again. As i remember, these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

File Nomenclature ?

Hello,

I have some quite old files that I haven't looked at for quite a while, but
    would possibly like to use them again.

As i remember, these were.csv files. Radio frequency listings.

But, looking at them now, they appear as, e.g.,

" Maritime.txt.zycizhj Type ECC "

What is an ECC File, please ?

And what is this zycizhj ? All these files seem to have it.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Mar 17, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?

Hi, in the ribbon there are two instances of 'Type' when specifying search parameters.

File Nomenclature ? [​IMG]

The upper one is actually 'Kind' - the kind of file e.g. video, picture etc and is expressed as kind:= in the search field.

The lower is the file type, expressed as type: in the search field.

Is anyone confused?

I have a feeling this was quite different in 1703. Do you recall how that appeared?

dalchina, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2019
  4. File Nomenclature ?

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

File Nomenclature ?

1. File Nomenclature ? - Similar Threads - File Nomenclature

2. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: Also if this is not possible could someone recommend something similar to the default windows microsft Photos App that can accomplish these to objectives?As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files...
  3. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  4. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  5. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  6. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  7. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  8. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  9. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?

in Windows 10 Support
    A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?: Hi, in the ribbon there are two instances of 'Type' when specifying search parameters. [img] The upper one is actually 'Kind' - the kind of file e.g. video, picture etc and is expressed as kind:= in the search field. The lower is the file type, expressed as type: in...