Windows 10: File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903

Discus and support File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the Version I am running" and Repair Solution Forums Seem to be a lot out of Syc these Days?? I have tried a Video on You Tube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dasha, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Dasha Win User

File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903

I don't know if this is the Version I am running" and Repair Solution Forums Seem to be a lot out of Syc these Days?? I have tried a Video on You Tube and Googled 3 Other Suggestions and they are all May 2018? so this is as far as I can get*Huh
    Windows logo Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection !
    Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
    It's at this point I cannot go any further: Controlled folder access > Manage Controlled folder access
    these choices are not available *Confused some help please Regards *Biggrin

Switch the Controlled folder access setting to On or Off.

:)

Dasha, Jul 6, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 6, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 6, 2019
  4. red268 Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903 - Similar Threads - File found Check

2. check the path and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    check the path and then try again: When I try to open a shortcut on my pc it says “check the path and then try again” please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-the-path-and-then-try-again/cf13730a-e684-4eb7-9a1f-8d8b95f07caf
  3. "Windows cannot find 'File Name'. Check the spelling and try again... etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows cannot find 'File Name'. Check the spelling and try again... etc.: I keep getting those messages whenever I try to open a recently downloaded file, and I don't know why. I'm not a admin, but I get my friend to give me permission. Does anyone know how to fix? The file in question is the Genshin Impact game...
  4. "Windows cannot find 'File Name'. Check the spelling and try again... etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows cannot find 'File Name'. Check the spelling and try again... etc.: I keep getting those messages whenever I try to open a recently downloaded file, and I don't know why. I'm not a admin, but I get my friend to give me permission. Does anyone know how to fix? The file in question is the Genshin Impact game...
  5. "Windows cannot find 'File Name'. Check the spelling and try again... etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Error: File not found. Check the filename and try again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: File not found. Check the filename and try again.: Hello, I got this error for the first time some hours ago while trying to open a pdf file. As soon as I do something like this pops up Sorry my computer is in Spanish: [ATTACH] However I have checked that it also occurs trying to open some other programs like Steam...
  7. Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer

Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer: There appears to be no "refresh" selection. Items under "Network" remain listed even if they get disconnected from the network. New items added to the network do not get displayed. Does every change in the network require rebooting the computer to get an accurate response...
  8. File re-naming in win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    File re-naming in win 10: So I copied/ripped a few movies to a USB drive. Everything works fine with this one exception, I stripped all the tags and information from the details tab in properties. Next I renamed the file to lets say "Movie One" It renamed just fine but when you play the movie, the...
  9. Windows cannot find <path and file name> check name etc and try again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find <path and file name> check name etc and try again: My W10 crashed and was kind of rescued but with a new profile. Lots of little things in error even after mostly working again. Frustratingly, I have 2 apps that I get this message about even if I run the app from inside the path as administrator. Weirdly, other .exe files in...
  10. Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.

Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.: When saving to a new filename I get the error 'File not found. Check filename and try again.' What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-file-not-found-check-filename-and-try-again/3f7d49e2-3d16-4f41-a3d3-1aa2463d5b6f"