Windows 10: File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it.

Discus and support File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it. submitted by /u/Muppet5 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muppet5, Jun 10, 2020.

1. File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it.

File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it.

submitted by /u/Muppet5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Muppet5, Jun 10, 2020

2. File History & OneDrive on Demand

Disable on demand by following the steps from this website Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 then start backin up your files. on demand files are not being saved on your hard drive it is incloud only.

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Jun 10, 2020
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

1. File on demand one drive turns back on after unchecking it. - Similar Threads - File demand drive

2. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...
  3. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...
  4. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files on Demand

Files on Demand: trying to uncheck this option as I want to keep everything live on this specific PC. When I try to do so get a dialogue 'all ondrive files/folders will download to this pc' which is what I want to happen. click OK and the option rechecks and files don't download????...
  6. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

cannot turn off files on demand for one drive: i go into one drive settings, go under files on demand and uncheck it ,when i hit ok, it automatically checks it again.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-files-on-demand-for-one-drive/ff15dd9b-b300-4114-b317-cd5acc850780
  7. Files on Demand Error After Update

Files on Demand Error After Update: I recently update my Dell Inspiron laptop to build 2004. I am now getting the following error from One Drive: One Drive Cannot Connect to Windows. Files on Demand requires a connection to Windows... I have tried the fixes suggested in a previous post on this issue. None of...
  8. One Drive "Files on Demand" and preview still not working 2020

One Drive "Files on Demand" and preview still not working 2020: In late 2017 I disabled "Files on demand" because when active the preview pane did not work. Now 2 years later I really need to use the "Files on demand" functionality because I have large photo libraries in my Cloud storage which I would like to view but not store in my...
  9. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  10. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...