Windows 10: File on icon

Discus and support File on icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; download app on the desktop then notice the file pic on front by icon . how to get it off by the icon back to normal ? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechZ, Mar 17, 2020.

1. TechZ Win User

File on icon

download app on the desktop then notice the file pic on front by icon . how to get it off by the icon back to normal ?

File on icon [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Window verison : 1909 (OS Build 18363.720

:)

TechZ, Mar 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, Mar 17, 2020
  4. File on icon

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

File on icon

1. File on icon - Similar Threads - File icon

2. Program made custom icons for file types

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program made custom icons for file types: Hi there, i downloaded an image viewer called "Imageglass", but when i make image files open in imageglass by default, imageglass changes the icon of said file type. Is there any way to fix this? https://imgur.com/a/MzDYbSx <--- picture showing what i mean I set jpg files to...
  3. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. User profile lost including desktop files, folders and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile lost including desktop files, folders and taskbar icons: Please Help Following the most recent windows updates I had a couple of intermittent problems as follows: 1. On occasion the PC would boot to a fresh desktop with program icons but all of my desktop files and folders gone as well as taskbar shortcuts disappeared. 2....
  5. Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon: Please assist! I just bought a refurbished Windows 10 about a month ago. I'm over here thinking it would be a little faster and be able to play some games. Can someone please tell me why absolutely none of the media files are working? There were some glitches in my games and...
  6. Right click menu on File Explorer icon in Taskbar Takes too long to open. Windows 10

Right click menu on File Explorer icon in Taskbar Takes too long to open. Windows 10: Right Clicking on File Explorer shows a list of pinned folders and frequently accessed folders. It is a neat feature and very helpful. But if there are Network locations eg. a folder on another computer on my network in Frequent or Pinned folders and that network location or...
  7. Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...

Some icons have dissapeared from my desktop and some files previously deleted still show in...: Just recently a few folders which I had showing on my Windows 10 Desktop have disappeared, they still show if I look in This PC/Desktop. While I was looking in This PC/Desktop I noticed that some files which I remember deleting from the Desktop still appear in the list. I...
  8. Why are my icons for both Folders AND Files, Blank?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my icons for both Folders AND Files, Blank?: [ATTACH] Not sure why this is happening, but it happens when it's viewed as either Extra Large Icons or Large Icons. [ATTACH] It even happens when I was saving the first screenshot... The icons for both folders AND files are just, BLANK. I've done this already......
  9. How to change individual file icon in Windows 10

How to change individual file icon in Windows 10: An icon has attached itself to an MP4 file that I created and it bears no relationship to what the file is about and I want to remove it. Windows 7 had an option to change the file icon, but windows 10 doesn't. Most of the searches online relate to windows 7 or to change...
  10. File icons

File icons: Years ago you could change the icon on a file so that you could locate it on your desktop easily. For example, I have a file that this is my icon: [ATTACH] I have a lot of Excel and Word documents on my desktop that I like to make them easier to locate. Can you tell...