Windows 10: File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

Discus and support File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Franz Ferdinand, Aug 3, 2015.

1. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed.
    If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any help to fix this problem.

:)

Franz Ferdinand, Aug 3, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows file explorer

Hi,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, click 'Options'

In the resulting dialog at the top change 'Open File Explorer to:' to This PC rather than Quick Access

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How do I get the Libraries I had created into "This PC" of Windows 10?

Do you have a particular reason you have to it in a Library?

Microsoft seems the wanting to get away from the library idea and use Quick access instead.

What I did is instead of using a library on Windows 10 I just pinned the folder to Quick access.

And come to think of it, there is no reason you can't do both, and Quick access is displayed in the File Open and Save As dialogs.

A_User_Here, Aug 3, 2015
  4. eyal Win User

File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

hi,
    my quick access also make some problems - it doesnt expand, althogh it have the small arrow to push on...

eyal, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

1. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible - Similar Threads - File open dialog

2. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  3. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  4. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File dialogs hang internet access

File dialogs hang internet access: Hello!I've been experiencing an issue with Windows recently, and I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting without a way in sight to fix it.Essentially, whenever a file dialog usually Save As in the browser, experienced both in Firefox & Edge is created, internet access hangs...
  6. Quick access opens on the bottom

Quick access opens on the bottom: Why the heck does "Quick Access" in Win Explorer or an office 365 app open/save always open at the bottom of the list - have to drag it to the top to see things in the order I have put them in. Quick Access is very useful but, can not imagine why it comes defaulted to open...
  7. Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?: Windows version: W10, LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to remove Quick Access from the Open/Save dialog boxes and I'm stumped. I've removed Quick Access from File Explorer itself, but I can't seem to find out how to remove it on...
  8. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  9. Files not showing in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Files not showing in Quick Access: Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance. 112181
  10. Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog: I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access area. This is OK. But why this folder disappears from Quick Access aren in open / save dialogs in all applications? This...