Windows 10: File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

Discus and support File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Franz Ferdinand, Aug 3, 2015.

1. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed.
    If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any help to fix this problem.

:)

Franz Ferdinand, Aug 3, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows file explorer

Hi,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, click 'Options'

In the resulting dialog at the top change 'Open File Explorer to:' to This PC rather than Quick Access

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How do I get the Libraries I had created into "This PC" of Windows 10?

Do you have a particular reason you have to it in a Library?

Microsoft seems the wanting to get away from the library idea and use Quick access instead.

What I did is instead of using a library on Windows 10 I just pinned the folder to Quick access.

And come to think of it, there is no reason you can't do both, and Quick access is displayed in the File Open and Save As dialogs.

A_User_Here, Aug 3, 2015
  4. eyal Win User

File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

hi,
    my quick access also make some problems - it doesnt expand, althogh it have the small arrow to push on...

eyal, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

1. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible - Similar Threads - File open dialog

2. In File Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  3. accessing documents on Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accessing documents on Quick access: Windows 10 - I can no longer access the latest documents I'm working on in Quick Access - just offers folders. This happened about two weeks ago. How do I fix it?...
  4. make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access: In File Explorer the navigation pane shows One Drive, Dropbox, This PC, E: flash drive, and F: flash drive; all with the same named files and folders I frequently use and backup. Since this is very confusing, in order to be sure I make make no mistakes when opening or saving...
  5. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...
  6. Files missing in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Files missing in Quick Access: Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance. 112181
  7. Files not showing in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Files not showing in Quick Access: Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance. 112181
  8. quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access: When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I...
  9. Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog: I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access area. This is OK. But why this folder disappears from Quick Access aren in open / save dialogs in all applications? This...
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...