Windows 10: File open duration

Discus and support File open duration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to extend the time that a file remains open when it is inactive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesAll 2, Sep 16, 2019.

1. File open duration

Is there a way to extend the time that a file remains open when it is inactive?

:)

JamesAll 2, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 16, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File open duration :)

jaydeee, Sep 16, 2019
  4. File open duration

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

File open duration

1. File open duration - Similar Threads - File open duration

2. song duration on photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song duration on photos: my duration for the song that im trying to put on a slideshow isn't moving how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/song-duration-on-photos/7e28f0a9-65c4-493e-8684-c5652d3a61e6
  3. how to make a list of media files and their durations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to make a list of media files and their durations: [ATTACH] I have many media files (audio mp3 - mp4) I want to create a list that have file names and their durations and the total. https://preview.redd.it/cs40f617sbs51.png?width=497&format=png&auto=webp&s=926530a5d7e8dab2fe4e9eb1d0b2bd10f8cf5a3a submitted by...
  4. Task duration time question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task duration time question: I am running a Robocopy task using a a script in a .bat file. What command lines would I have to incorporate into the script that will post somewhere i.e. a text file the start and ending time of the task so its duration can be ascertained? This does not seem possible...
  5. Glitch duration

Glitch duration: In the Movies & TV app, look: [ATTACH] The seek bar shows 0:00:00, but the duration shows 0:00:06. No, it's not 6 seconds, it's 2 seconds!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitch-duration/b08240a3-52e5-4b61-9fab-01bbe59c92b8
  6. duration of each frame

duration of each frame: While using Photo Editor I ran into problem today where the duration for each frame changed. It often went from 3 sec. to 1.7 sec. How do I correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duration-of-each-frame/6ba4032f-efea-4cb0-937f-82f08ea00d21
  7. Duration of Pictures in Photos Storyboard?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duration of Pictures in Photos Storyboard?: In Windows 10 Photos App is it possible to edit the duration of playback pictures in a storyboard? Plus are there any help tutorials for this App?...
  8. Clean install duration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install duration: I'm doing a clean install from usb 3 to ssd. Copying windows files takes a couple of minutes. The next step, preparing files for installation takes 2 hours or more. Is this normal? I've read about 20min installation, how do you accomplish this. I'm using: Gigabyte X570 UD, R9...
  9. Monitor services start duration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor services start duration: I have noticed in the task manager that some services stay in "starting" status for a few minutes before switching to "running". I would like to know if there is a way to monitor the duration it takes for every service to start so I can improve performance by disabling slow...
  10. Tooltip Duration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...