Windows 10: File open issue in PowerPoint

Discus and support File open issue in PowerPoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amila Vuk Mavric, Jun 23, 2024.

1. File open issue in PowerPoint

Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export the file in PowerPoint but that didn’t work as well. I use Office on Mac btw. How to fix this problem?

:)

Amila Vuk Mavric, Jun 23, 2024
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File open issue in PowerPoint :)

jaydeee, Jun 23, 2024
  3. techbuzz Win User

I have a very perplexing situation on my hands. *Bang Head :banghead:

I have 2 PowerPoint files that crash PowerPoint when attempting to open them. The problem is that this is only happening on some computers. All the machines I have attempted to open the files on are running Windows 7 and have Office 2010 installed. The computers also have Office 2010 SP1 install so I have ruled that out as an issue as well.

Any ideas?

techbuzz, Jun 23, 2024
  4. 95Viper Win User

File open issue in PowerPoint

Firstly, I am not that familiar with Powerpoint.
    I have only messed it with a few times.

Try this... Use one of these, or all of these, to open the file and see if they will run and save it:
    Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012
    Lotus Symphony 3.0.1
    LibreOffice
    Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0

Some other info that may be of use:
    The PowerPoint FAQ - PowerPoint Help
    PowerPoint won't open my older PowerPoint presentations
    PowerPoint crashes while opening certain presentations
    If the file is password protected... Remove password from a password-protected PowerPoint file
    Recovering a corrupt presentation

Goodluck
    *Smile File open issue in PowerPoint :)

95Viper, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

File open issue in PowerPoint

1. File open issue in PowerPoint - Similar Threads - File open issue

2. File open issue in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open issue in PowerPoint: Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export the file in PowerPoint but that didn’t work as well. How to fix this problem?...
  3. File open issue in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open issue in PowerPoint: Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export the file in PowerPoint but that didn’t work as well. I use Office on Mac btw. How to fix this problem?...
  4. File open issue in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File open issue in PowerPoint: Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export the file in PowerPoint but that didn’t work as well. How to fix this problem?...
  5. File open issue in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File open issue in PowerPoint: Hi, I can’t open my PowerPoint files and I get a message: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0. I read that I could open the file in Keynote and then export the file in PowerPoint but that didn’t work as well. I use Office on Mac btw. How to fix this problem?...
  6. File open issue in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  8. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  9. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  10. cant open powerpoint file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant open powerpoint file: when i tried to open a saved powerpoint file in my document folder, the file failed to load and a message pop up with this :/program files/microsoft office 15/ root /office 15/oart.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error..... error status...