Windows 10: File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

Discus and support File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; THIS IS NOT the bug related to themes and having the theme pick accent colours each time the random wallpaper is changed. here's what happens... i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bl3263827, Dec 6, 2021.

1. bl3263827 Win User

File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

THIS IS NOT the bug related to themes and having the theme pick accent colours each time the random wallpaper is changed. here's what happens... i'm working in a program -- any program: graphics programs, text editors, games -- when i go to File: Open or File: Save As, the file picker opens, and it is set to whatever directory the program thinks should be the default directory. sometimes it is Documents, sometimes it is Users\blahblahblah, sometimes it is AppData\blahblahblah, whatever.i don't keep ANYTHING in those locations. my work files are on drive D.so i scroll down to This PC, i cli

:)

bl3263827, Dec 6, 2021

2. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED [​IMG]

thanks Denis, here is a clip of my file manager jump lists and when I right click on an item the resulting mini menu
    as you can see I can then normal click the top and Open the item of course.

barbershopjohn4, Dec 6, 2021
  4. File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

list of files jumps to the top

It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning

Arden Rayne, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

1. File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED - Similar Threads - File Open Save

2. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  3. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  4. File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED: THIS IS NOT the bug related to themes and having the theme pick accent colours each time the random wallpaper is changed. here's what happens... i'm working in a program -- any program: graphics programs, text editors, games -- when i go to File: Open or File: Save As, the...
  5. File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Open/Save Jumps to Top NOT THEME RELATED: THIS IS NOT the bug related to themes and having the theme pick accent colours each time the random wallpaper is changed. here's what happens... i'm working in a program -- any program: graphics programs, text editors, games -- when i go to File: Open or File: Save As, the...
  6. File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories

File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories: The left-hand pane of the File Open and File Save dialogs "jump" from the folder I have scrolled to back to the same folders that were shown when I opened the dialog. This occurs within a few seconds of clicking "open" or "save." I checked this community for solutions and...
  7. File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.: I bought a new PC Dell that i s a great device, super fast. However, after I had it a month or so File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving. It has nothing to do with Personalization/Auto Accent Color selections, etc. i have all thi soff. Two points:1....
  8. Windows 10 File Manager Jumps to Top /Bottom When Saving

Windows 10 File Manager Jumps to Top /Bottom When Saving: When I try to save any type of file in File Manager every few seconds the file manager will move or jump to the top of bottom of my list of files. I read all the 'FIXES' in the MS Answers & forums. Most say the "CHOOSE A COLOR" is the culprit and we must turn OFF the...
  9. list of files jumps to the top

list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...