Windows 10: File opening from a site

Discus and support File opening from a site in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried and tried to open up my documents (eg, tax forms) forms from some companies and when I click on the document, a bar comes up showing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartyHariri, Jul 23, 2019.

1. File opening from a site

I have tried and tried to open up my documents (eg, tax forms) forms from some companies and when I click on the document, a bar comes up showing me "Open or Save choices". If I click on open, the entire bar disappears. If I click on save, it does save but nothing happens to the save item. I f I save it on my computer, it opens it but they written in Chinese, cannot read anything. I also allowed the pop up but it did not work.

I called the company and they toldl me its the browser I am using (Microsoft Edge). At first I did not believe them but then I tried Google Chrome and it opened up the file immediately. I sincerely hope that Microsoft Edge developers take a look at this problem and resolve it.

:)

MartyHariri, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 23, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File opening from a site :)

jaydeee, Jul 23, 2019
  4. File opening from a site

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

File opening from a site

1. File opening from a site - Similar Threads - File opening site

2. Unable to open microsoft site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open microsoft site: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 iso, but when I access the site with the modem at home, the site does not load completely, a white page opens. And when I log in with mobile internet, it opens and now I don't have mobile internet. How can I download the iso file?...
  3. Unable to open microsoft site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open microsoft site: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 iso, but when I access the site with the modem at home, the site does not load completely, a white page opens. And when I log in with mobile internet, it opens and now I don't have mobile internet. How can I download the iso file?...
  4. FrontPage hangs on File/Open Site on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FrontPage hangs on File/Open Site on windows 11.: This is in reference to a closed discussion:Frontpage on windows 11 - Microsoft CommunityI have found a workaround. If you do a run specifying:"C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\frontpg.exe" "full path to your local website"The frontpage will open the specified...
  5. FrontPage hangs on File/Open Site on windows 11.

FrontPage hangs on File/Open Site on windows 11.: This is in reference to a closed discussion:Frontpage on windows 11 - Microsoft CommunityI have found a workaround. If you do a run specifying:"C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\frontpg.exe" "full path to your local website"The frontpage will open the specified...
  6. Can't open web sites from the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open web sites from the Mail app: I just installed the latest Windows 10 updates yesterday, now I can't open web sites to see items. I get a message which I took a screenshot of, and it's attached. Can someone suggest what I need to do to fix this problem? It looks like like I can't include the screenshot....
  7. Can't open web sites from the Mail app

Can't open web sites from the Mail app: I just installed the latest Windows 10 updates yesterday, now I can't open web sites to see items. I get a message which I took a screenshot of, and it's attached. Can someone suggest what I need to do to fix this problem? It looks like like I can't include the screenshot....
  8. Can't open web sites from the Mail app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. OPEN SITES CLOSING AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OPEN SITES CLOSING AUTOMATICALLY: I have read the replies that were noted for those having the same problem on Windows 10. You have several windows open and suddenly, one by one, they start to close down for no reason at all. This has been happening for months no with no end in sight. I've seen the...
  10. Opening IE as individual sites from start menue

in Browsers and Email
    Opening IE as individual sites from start menue: I have added individual sites to apps using the click context menu from the Tools (Alt+X) Cogwheel in the top RH corner. This works and is fine except that there are no additional tool bars available, only the IE built In's. I'm not bothered about most Add In Tool Bars but...