Windows 10: File operation dialogue

Discus and support File operation dialogue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed that if you have maybe 4 or more windows open, for example you are drilling down several levels of folders on a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pejole2165, Aug 25, 2019.

1. File operation dialogue

Has anyone else noticed that if you have maybe 4 or more windows open, for example you are drilling down several levels of folders on a couple of drives, maybe to organise doc's / images...whatever, that most often the file dialogue (the one that asks for confirmation) appears behind a few of your open windows instead of being promoted to the front, so you have to click it on the taskbar to bring it forward in order to proceed. I think this has only started happening since original upgrade to 1903.
    Any insiders noticed this?
    Its just a minor annoyance but really if a confirmation dialogue is needed shouldn't it be the foremost window?

:)

Pejole2165, Aug 25, 2019

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 25, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 25, 2019
  4. File operation dialogue

Dialogue box duration

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with the dialogue boxes and notifications that are quickly disappearing, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

File operation dialogue

1. File operation dialogue - Similar Threads - File operation dialogue

2. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  3. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  4. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  5. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  6. Cannot operate files

Cannot operate files: When I download files from microsoft edge it cannot download because it says no permissions.I download it to my second hard disk and yesterday I copied 4 files from my phone to computer but when I try to copy them to downloads folder,to desktop etc.. it ask administrative...
  7. Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print dialogue doesn't appear in File Explorer: I have a user who, when trying to print files from File Explorer, does not receive the print dialogue box prior to printing the documents. She has to print multiple documents at a time from a folder stored locally. She uses two printers: One is a third-party PDF printer which...
  8. .docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box

.docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box: when using another app / program, when I 'select file' the File Explorer dialogue box opens, but none of my .docx files are listed. This has only started happening since the update earlier this week (w/c 04/02/2019). Can see in Community that others had this problem with...
  9. Mouse dialogue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse dialogue: Hello I have lost my mouse's dialogue box. Once I right click, the cursor turns into 'scroll - down" cursor instead of a dialogue.. I have tried checking in settings and nothing is changing. kindly assist. using a desktop...
  10. No file transfer dialogue shows up

in Windows 10 Support
    No file transfer dialogue shows up: I don't know when this first started happening, I just assumed stuff was transferring fast enough for it to not show up (only really moved small things). However, I got a small-ish SSD as a secondary drive for a few important things and want to test the general speed of it......