Windows 10: FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Discus and support FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TAKYON, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TAKYON Win User

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out?

:)

TAKYON, Feb 11, 2019
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 11, 2019
  4. FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future builds

The upcoming Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 allows users to view how much storage space is reserved in Windows 10 19H1 and later versions so that they know how much disk space is put aside for reserved storage space. This is one
    of the best updates so far for properly managing disk space, but it is missing from the Disk Properties Windows in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 update.

To make it much easier for users to see how much disk space is reserved by desktop programs and apps with general used space by the operating system and free space available on hard drives, I came up with a very good alternative
    that will help users get a better viewable representation of disk space.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 b3006f4f-a722-4fa1-b19d-eddd6fdc8e93?upload=true.png

The above image represents the amount of reserved space that each type of programs and files take up on the system, but that does not show up in disk properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1.

The Disk Properties in the image below looks like a donut AutoShape object, so it is misleading and does not look good and is also too small for users with impaired vision problems. I have read online that there are many people with impaired vision that
    complain about this awful looking Disk Properties in Windows 10. As you can also see in the image below, the free space is in grey and that is misleading as well because it should be in pink and the used space in darker blue. The Reserved Space is not present
    in the image below and it should be present as well.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 3d60015e-cb9f-4b3b-b7d1-10f1f78409fa?upload=true.jpg

The disk properties in Windows 10 does not show the reserved storage space. In Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1, I expect the disk properties to evolve into a much more detailed disk properties so that I can display the reserved space,
    used space, free space and the total disk capacity. When using the Disk Cleanup utility, there must be an option that allows users to empty and remove reserved space. Also, users must have an option to completely removed reserved space if they want to and
    also shrink or expand reserved space just like users do with hard disk partitions.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 833a9f78-aa81-40a0-9fe2-db6ec6fcd0f6?upload=true.png

The above image is an image that I have created in Microsoft Paint that represents an updated Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 that looks much better and clearer altogether. This type of disk properties makes it
    much better for users to know exactly how much space is reserved by Windows 10 - 19H1 with the general used space by Windows 10 operating system and applications that are not in the reserved area of the hard disk. The free space is illustrated in pink.

To also make it more precise for users to know and calculate how much disk space is reserved, used and free in Disk Properties, I have added percentage signs (%) next to the amount of disk area that is reserved, used and free. The
    total Disk Capacity in Disk Properties would be represented as 100%, meaning the full disk space in total in Disk Management.

For users that split their hard disk partitions in small chunks of hard disks in Windows 10, the C:\ drive where Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 would be the only partition where the Reserved Storage Space shows up in Disk Properties.
    For other hard disk partitions, only the Used and Free Storage space would be available to show because other partitions would not have Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 installed on them, nor no Reserved Storage space would be applicable for use on these partitions.

The current representation of disk space in Windows 10 at the moment is bad and must be updated with my suggestion for better appearance and disk space manageability.

Please Microsoft Development Team for Windows 10 update the Disk Properties Windows so that it clearly displays the Reserved Storage Space, Used Space, Free Space and Capacity of hard disks in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and
    all future builds of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Cesare Vesdani, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

1. FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 - Similar Threads - FIle Operations working

2. After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???: Hi guys, I would like to try windows build 1903 so I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1903.exe" file. Everything went smoothly during the installation process. But after the installation I checked via winver it still shows build 1809. So how can I install build 1903 on my pc?...
  3. Sticky Notes not working on Release Preview 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes not working on Release Preview 1903: I used to be part of the Windows Insider programme, and yesterday I was curious to get the 1903 build early as it is the version that will go public next month. So far so good, apart from one issue that I just can't solve (and as far as I can tell one which isn't happening...
  4. Windows 10 1903 - Daylight Saving Notification not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 - Daylight Saving Notification not working: One week ago, when the clock changed I didn't receive a notification that this has happened. Actually, I didn't even notice that the clocks have changed everywhere until a week later (today). This is ridiculous that we have all these devices around us and they can change...
  5. Pausing Updates In Windows 10 Build 1903 Questions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pausing Updates In Windows 10 Build 1903 Questions?: Hey All, Regarding build 1903 on Windows 10 Home: 1.) How long can Windows Updates be paused on this build? 2.) Will I continue to get Windows Defender Updates if Windows Updates are paused? Jack...
  6. Windows 1903

Windows 1903: Hello Hope everyone is well. I got a question. Will the people who are running windows 1703 and 1803 will have their computers updates automatically? Also If windows 1903 comes out and I have 1809 Can I reinstall 1809 and do the update from the windows updates or do i have to...
  7. Windows 1903

Windows 1903: Hello I was wondering when the Windows 19h1 is going to be released to the public? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903/075c2a98-d0fb-4fc2-85c0-562c9430171d
  8. FIle Operations not working in Build 18334.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIle Operations not working in Build 18334.1: Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-operations-not-working-in-build-183341/c67ad80a-2bff-456f-9cc4-69c6dd22d5c3"
  9. Windows 1903

Windows 1903: Hello. I was wondering if I can download the windows 1903 version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903/b00eb4ff-7e4a-4558-b0ef-3eb27fe76d24
  10. Will operating system still work if.................!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Will operating system still work if.................!!: I'm using a mini-pc & using my TV monitor as my screen. The pc only has a 32GB hard disk, (C:). I also have a 64GB SD card, from which I created a formatted partition named OneDrive (O:) & moved the OneDrive folder & its contents to it. However, I still need more storage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inter realsense f200 not working windows 1903