Windows 10: FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Discus and support FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TAKYON, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TAKYON Win User

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out?

:)

TAKYON, Feb 11, 2019
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 11, 2019
  4. FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future builds

The upcoming Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 allows users to view how much storage space is reserved in Windows 10 19H1 and later versions so that they know how much disk space is put aside for reserved storage space. This is one
    of the best updates so far for properly managing disk space, but it is missing from the Disk Properties Windows in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 update.

To make it much easier for users to see how much disk space is reserved by desktop programs and apps with general used space by the operating system and free space available on hard drives, I came up with a very good alternative
    that will help users get a better viewable representation of disk space.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 b3006f4f-a722-4fa1-b19d-eddd6fdc8e93?upload=true.png

The above image represents the amount of reserved space that each type of programs and files take up on the system, but that does not show up in disk properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1.

The Disk Properties in the image below looks like a donut AutoShape object, so it is misleading and does not look good and is also too small for users with impaired vision problems. I have read online that there are many people with impaired vision that
    complain about this awful looking Disk Properties in Windows 10. As you can also see in the image below, the free space is in grey and that is misleading as well because it should be in pink and the used space in darker blue. The Reserved Space is not present
    in the image below and it should be present as well.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 3d60015e-cb9f-4b3b-b7d1-10f1f78409fa?upload=true.jpg

The disk properties in Windows 10 does not show the reserved storage space. In Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1, I expect the disk properties to evolve into a much more detailed disk properties so that I can display the reserved space,
    used space, free space and the total disk capacity. When using the Disk Cleanup utility, there must be an option that allows users to empty and remove reserved space. Also, users must have an option to completely removed reserved space if they want to and
    also shrink or expand reserved space just like users do with hard disk partitions.

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 833a9f78-aa81-40a0-9fe2-db6ec6fcd0f6?upload=true.png

The above image is an image that I have created in Microsoft Paint that represents an updated Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 that looks much better and clearer altogether. This type of disk properties makes it
    much better for users to know exactly how much space is reserved by Windows 10 - 19H1 with the general used space by Windows 10 operating system and applications that are not in the reserved area of the hard disk. The free space is illustrated in pink.

To also make it more precise for users to know and calculate how much disk space is reserved, used and free in Disk Properties, I have added percentage signs (%) next to the amount of disk area that is reserved, used and free. The
    total Disk Capacity in Disk Properties would be represented as 100%, meaning the full disk space in total in Disk Management.

For users that split their hard disk partitions in small chunks of hard disks in Windows 10, the C:\ drive where Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 would be the only partition where the Reserved Storage Space shows up in Disk Properties.
    For other hard disk partitions, only the Used and Free Storage space would be available to show because other partitions would not have Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 installed on them, nor no Reserved Storage space would be applicable for use on these partitions.

The current representation of disk space in Windows 10 at the moment is bad and must be updated with my suggestion for better appearance and disk space manageability.

Please Microsoft Development Team for Windows 10 update the Disk Properties Windows so that it clearly displays the Reserved Storage Space, Used Space, Free Space and Capacity of hard disks in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and
    all future builds of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Cesare Vesdani, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

FIle Operations not working in Build 1903

1. FIle Operations not working in Build 1903 - Similar Threads - FIle Operations working

2. 1903 build va 20H2 build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1903 build va 20H2 build: We have used build 1903 and have been able to lock it down. Restrict access to Start menu and search bar. With an image using 20H2. The same gpo does not restrict access. Can anyone advise what registry setting or gpo entry can lock down the start menu and search bar?...
  3. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  4. Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer: There appears to be no "refresh" selection. Items under "Network" remain listed even if they get disconnected from the network. New items added to the network do not get displayed. Does every change in the network require rebooting the computer to get an accurate response...
  5. Can't upgrade to build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to build 1903: I've had multiple machines fail to upgrade to build 1903 via WSUS. Would anyone here please take a look at my log files and help me decipher what the problem is? Thanks! Setuperr.log 2019-10-14 13:46:22, Error CSI 00000001 (F)...
  6. Bluelight Filter not working build 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluelight Filter not working build 1903: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 build 1903, I keep having issues with the bluelight filter. When I first start the computer, and log in, the filter doesn't work at all. I have to log off and log back in everytime I turn on my computer. I already tried uninstalling and...
  7. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build: So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions. So I figured I'd just...
  8. WIN10, build 1903 ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10, build 1903 ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT: Good Morning, So I've just upgraded from build 1803 to 1903 and wouldn't you know, issue! My #1 mistake was upon wiping everything and starting fresh, I created a NEW ACCOUNT with Microsoft (duh, I know) and my digital license did not take.....Prior issue currently being...
  9. windows build 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows build 1903: A M D R7 windows stopped driver fault code 43 can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-build-1903/220fde84-ce57-41a5-a2a4-de28ad6a9a8b
  10. FIle Operations not working in Build 18334.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIle Operations not working in Build 18334.1: Any way to bring back file operations until they patch it out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-operations-not-working-in-build-183341/c67ad80a-2bff-456f-9cc4-69c6dd22d5c3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inter realsense f200 not working windows 1903