Windows 10: file or app ?

Discus and support file or app ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 9/17/2021 12:27:37 PM Event ID: 4799 Task Category: Security Group Management... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidAdams1960, Sep 17, 2021.

1. file or app ?

Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 9/17/2021 12:27:37 PM Event ID: 4799 Task Category: Security Group Management Level: Information Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: David-HP Description: A security-enabled local group membership was enumerated. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: DAVID-HP$ Account Domain: WORKGROUP Logon ID: 0x3E7 Group: Security ID: BUILTIN\Backup Operators Group Name: Backup Operators Group Domain: Builtin Process Information: Process ID: 0x2310 Proces

:)

DavidAdams1960, Sep 17, 2021
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Non-Store Default Apps for a file protocol in windows 10

Hi Ajo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the file and select choose another app to open. It will display the list of apps to open.

2) If the app is not listed then select more apps and check if you can find it.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 17, 2021
  4. file or app ?

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

file or app ?

1. file or app ? - Similar Threads - file app

2. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...
  3. Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large notepad file makes it so i cant load the app, NOT notepad++: I have a large notepad file that makes it so that whenever i try to run the program, it puts it in a forever loading state, i have never saved this file, and there are also other unsaved files that i need, so how do i access my other unsaved files while getting rid of this...
  4. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  5. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  6. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  7. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  8. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  9. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  10. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...