Windows 10: file organization

Discus and support file organization in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HELP! I am having the hardest time with my files, some things save to my onedrive which I hate because when files do save there, when I go to retrieve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Apeybaby, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Apeybaby Win User

file organization

HELP! I am having the hardest time with my files, some things save to my onedrive which I hate because when files do save there, when I go to retrieve them later I cant find them on my pc at all. I just want all my stuff to save directly to my pc or my google account. Is this possible?

:)

Apeybaby, Feb 1, 2020
  2. stevednmc Win User

File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Organizing files

How do I organize file folders in alphabetical order in list on left side of computer screen ?

ConniBarnett, Feb 1, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

file organization

Organize pictures in File Explorer in sub-folders by Year and Month

Hi Joseph,

We want to know more about the issue that you are experiencing. Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to organize folders on your PC or on your mobile device?
    • If you are trying to organize folders on your mobile device, could you please provide us the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, if you are trying to organize your PC’s file explorer, we suggest checking the reply of
    IanCost on this thread to help you out.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

file organization

1. file organization - Similar Threads - file organization

2. I cannot share file with Anyone outside of the organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot share file with Anyone outside of the organization: Hi,I have an organization account as an admin for Microsoft 365. i would like to share a file on OneDrive choosing "Share with Anyone" option. The problem is that I cannot choose this option it is grey and inactive. I checked SharePoint Admin Center and External sharing...
  3. I cannot share file with Anyone outside of the organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot share file with Anyone outside of the organization: Hi,I have an organization account as an admin for Microsoft 365. i would like to share a file on OneDrive choosing "Share with Anyone" option. The problem is that I cannot choose this option it is grey and inactive. I checked SharePoint Admin Center and External sharing...
  4. I cannot share file with Anyone outside of the organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is my windows recycle bin organizing files by drive and folder location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows recycle bin organizing files by drive and folder location?: The recycle bin used to list individual files by name. Recently noticed that now all files are grouped by their location first. Very annoying since I now have to search through individual folders for recently deleted files. [Tried to upload screenshot but kept getting...
  6. Why is my windows recycle bin organizing files by drive and folder location?

Why is my windows recycle bin organizing files by drive and folder location?: The recycle bin used to list individual files by name. Recently noticed that now all files are grouped by their location first. Very annoying since I now have to search through individual folders for recently deleted files. [Tried to upload screenshot but kept getting...
  7. My file explorer began displaying the recent files of everyone in our organization. I only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer began displaying the recent files of everyone in our organization. I only...: About a month ago when I open Windows filter explorer the recent files section started displaying the recent files of everyone in the organization. I only want to see my recent files. I have not found any filters on my pc to allow this option....
  8. My file explorer began displaying the recent files of everyone in our organization. I only...

My file explorer began displaying the recent files of everyone in our organization. I only...: About a month ago when I open Windows filter explorer the recent files section started displaying the recent files of everyone in the organization. I only want to see my recent files. I have not found any filters on my pc to allow this option....
  9. Your organization prevents you from uploading the file to this location.

Your organization prevents you from uploading the file to this location.: User apart of my organization keeps running into this issue when attempting to upload documents. Most of their files are saved in their OneDrive folder. But even if we move them onto the local device it still gives us this message. User is remote and on our VPN so they...
  10. Your organization prevents you from uploading the file to this location.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your organization prevents you from uploading the file to this location.: User apart of my organization keeps running into this issue when attempting to upload documents. Most of their files are saved in their OneDrive folder. But even if we move them onto the local device it still gives us this message. User is remote and on our VPN so they...