Windows 10: File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window

Discus and support File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zur13, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Zur13 Win User

File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window

I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I see my username original file owner despite I've changed the file owner on the Security Settings to the "Administrator" user.I've tried to reboot PC several times after the changes and I tried to set file ownership to the different users but nothing helps the Details tab shows the same original user.Edit: filename is fine and has only normal characters but I hide it from the screenshot using Paint.

:)

Zur13, Apr 26, 2021

2. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 26, 2021
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. stil Win User

Permissions issue when trying to change file properties

Thema:

1. File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window - Similar Threads - File owner does

2. How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file: Hello,I am trying to have some files by grouped by description. Im using win11. I go to properties for the file>details tab>description. I enter my description and it says "File Access Denied" and "You'll need to provide administrator permissions to apply properties to this...
  3. How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file: Hello,I am trying to have some files by grouped by description. Im using win11. I go to properties for the file>details tab>description. I enter my description and it says "File Access Denied" and "You'll need to provide administrator permissions to apply properties to this...
  4. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  5. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  6. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to change owner of a file that is shown on the Details tab of the Properties window

How to change owner of a file that is shown on the Details tab of the Properties window: I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I see my username original file owner despite I've changed the file owner on the Security Settings to the "Administrator"...
  8. Owner Name, File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Owner Name, File Details: I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the...
  9. Unable to change file Details under Properties

Unable to change file Details under Properties: Hello I have 2 .mp3 files I uploaded of which I am unable to change the file properties. I downloaded both files, put them in my playlists folder, and when I right click each file and go to Properties ---> Details, there is no way to change the song title or artist. The song...
  10. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...