Windows 10: File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

Discus and support File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joe1cha, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. joe1cha Win User

File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

Hi,

contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag and drop in a window, the focus remain as is and the new location/window will not change focus/highlight the pasted file. so in other words, I can't tell if the file was pasted or not. I am referring to situations where I paste a file in a location/folder that have multiple files

tx

:)

2. File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab

Up until recently, for the most part, when I pasted an item in a folder, I would be auto-scrolled to that highlighted file in it's alphabetic position. Occasionally, the file would be placed at the end of the file list.

Which ever way it happened, I would be auto-scrolled to it's highlighted location. I wouldn't have to manually scroll to the location.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Thema:

1. File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file - Similar Threads - File paste explorer

2. right click and paste into search bar on file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click and paste into search bar on file explorer: Hello, Since the 1909 windows update it seems that users at my workplace are unable to right click and paste into the search bar on file explorer. They can use Ctrl-v to paste but I was just wondering if there is a setting on file explorer to allow me to use the right-click...
  3. File Explorer Search not accepting clipboard paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Search not accepting clipboard paste: In the last four days, File Explorer no longer accepts a paste from Clipboard in the "Search" box. Clipboard itself has no issues. I discovered this after installing KB4524570....
  4. File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab: When I paste a file into a folder with enough files that would required you scroll thru multiple columns to see all the files, the folder automatically scrolls to the end of the files, not to where the pasted file is alphabetically situated. In the past, after pasting, you...
  5. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  6. Batch file paste text

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file paste text: Suppose I frequently want to enter "Mary had a little lamb." into a form or editor. Can this be done with a batch file? (Yes, I know about AutoHotkey.) 109978
  7. highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch

in Browsers and Email
    highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch: Hi, A few times I've been to coastwatch.com.au website and looked at the Fishing topic. It was possible to highlight words and then copy and paste, but not now. Does anyone know if its a problem with windows 10 or has coastwatch web page stopped this to happen, If so, is...
  8. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...
  9. Cannot paste files ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot paste files ...: Hello Gang, I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community. Ok, I cannot paste files. If I have a folder open on the desktop and want to right click and do it, or by KB, I just don't get...
  10. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...