Windows 10: File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

Discus and support File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joe1cha, Dec 3, 2019.

1. joe1cha Win User

File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

Hi,

contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag and drop in a window, the focus remain as is and the new location/window will not change focus/highlight the pasted file. so in other words, I can't tell if the file was pasted or not. I am referring to situations where I paste a file in a location/folder that have multiple files

tx

:)

joe1cha, Dec 3, 2019

2. File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab

Up until recently, for the most part, when I pasted an item in a folder, I would be auto-scrolled to that highlighted file in it's alphabetic position. Occasionally, the file would be placed at the end of the file list.

Which ever way it happened, I would be auto-scrolled to it's highlighted location. I wouldn't have to manually scroll to the location.

kitpzyxmsir, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file - Similar Threads - File paste explorer

2. Pasted files not highlighted correctly/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pasted files not highlighted correctly/Windows 11: Hey everyone,I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this issue:Usually whenever I paste new files into a folder containing hundreds of other files, the pasted files will stay highlighted once the copying is completed, allowing me to drag and drop those new files straight into...
  3. Pasted files not highlighted correctly/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pasted files not highlighted correctly/Windows 11: Hey everyone,I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this issue:Usually whenever I paste new files into a folder containing hundreds of other files, the pasted files will stay highlighted once the copying is completed, allowing me to drag and drop those new files straight into...
  4. Clipboard data Paste to file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard data Paste to file in file explorer: Copy image or text to Clipboard as from WhatsApp for windows app when we open file explorer to see HDD files, right-click on it, the paste is disabled, it is good to see the file explorer support page of the clipboard as the pate the clipboard contents as a file....
  5. File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste

File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste: I've been trying to copy, paste and delete files on a couple of USB sticks and I've just run into problem after problem. Usually everything works fine, but today I've had some really weird things happen. When I was trying to copy and paste files, it said I could copy and...
  6. copy paste highlight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    copy paste highlight: I copied and pasted a question I had into this site from discord and it came in highlighted grey so I re pasted it then black then grey then black and it was alternating until I re clicked reply and when I pasted it in it didn't do it, was that a glitch or something...
  7. Can't paste into File Explorer

Can't paste into File Explorer: Just what it says. I need to create a userChrome.css file for Firefox modifications and File Explorer simply will NOT allow me to paste into the window, paste option is greyed out. This is a new install, build is 19041.264. I searched and found a similar issue back from April...
  8. Paste not working in file explorer

Paste not working in file explorer: Suddenly this afternoon the paste option is gone from file explorer. Every folder on the entire computer + the standalone drives has paste grayed out. I CAN paste into all the office apps. I CAN "save as" docs from word or excel into an explorer folder. I believe I CAN...
  9. File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab: When I paste a file into a folder with enough files that would required you scroll thru multiple columns to see all the files, the folder automatically scrolls to the end of the files, not to where the pasted file is alphabetically situated. In the past, after pasting, you...
  10. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...