Windows 10: File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

Discus and support File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts. SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Searle ChrisSearle, Jan 5, 2021.

1. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts.

SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs into errors accessing files with paths over 260 characters. Has anyone found a viable fix for this? Our pilot folders 200GB mixed folders with pretty deep file structure didn't throw up this problem, migrating the balance of the company and users are getting problems.

[Moved from OneDrive for Business / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Apps or Office 365 Business]

:)

Chris Searle ChrisSearle, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Jan 5, 2021
  3. adnanj85 Win User
    SharePoint: Windows File Path Limit

I have found that syncing folders to SharePoint one-drive limits the file path character limit to 218 characters and it counts "space" as equal to 3 characters, encoded to %20. Please confirm if any other special character is encoded and will be taking more
    space which eventually means the actual path is less than 218 characters.

Other Info:

Office 365/SharePoint Online.

One-Drive: Build 18.151.0729.0012

adnanj85, Jan 5, 2021
  4. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

SharePoint: Windows File Path Limit

Hi Sarah,

thanks for the reply, changing the title of library helps to reduce the file path length? The slowness you mentioned also is experience when using one-drive?

Adnan Jahangir, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

1. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online - Similar Threads - File path lengths

2. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  3. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  4. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  6. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  7. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  8. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  9. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  10. Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business: We’re updating how sharing mails are sent from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. We made a change earlier this year to send sharing mails from the sharing user's Exchange Online mailbox. At that time, we also stopped CC'ing the sender as the mails will now...