Windows 10: File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

Discus and support File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, here I am, after 20+ years of using Windows, incapable to figure out where Skype is on my computer to see the path to a .exe file. I may be old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Little Critter, Jan 19, 2020.

1. File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

So, here I am, after 20+ years of using Windows, incapable to figure out where Skype is on my computer to see the path to a .exe file.
    I may be old fashion, buy I am not inept. The app store trend is throwing a curved one at me and I am loosing my patience.
    I never ever had to go on a forum to ask for help, I've always found solutions, help, tutorials, but not for this one. I really hope there's some easy solution that I missed.

So, I need to find the path to an "app" or another.
    Calculator would be one, Skype another, Snip and Sketch also.
    I want to add them to custom buttons on my Elgato keyboard.

Once upon a time there was an easy way to find where the program with a shortcut on your desktop resides.
    Check the properties on a shortcut ! Still works for some programs.
    Now Windows has apps and ... I don't know why are they so special that I can't see a path, something tangible.

So , is there a way to easily find how to trigger these apps without jumping through hoops ?
    What is that garbage ? See screen captures below
    Target: uygOgIOG23iugIGKH65G4j56kHgk ????

Thank you for your help, suggestions and patience.

Critter "OIhihuda89edakhjdaeppDEhj"

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys 5d79adff-5cff-4ca4-b5f1-df8adb2b6fed?upload=true.png File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys 32e43eca-b72a-4b8f-bb64-2a0ccdc2aa82?upload=true.png

:)

Little Critter, Jan 19, 2020

2. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Creating macros

To use the included feature in windows, create your macro and save it to be used later, (this should be listed in the macro software), next create a standard shortcut to work with the saved macro - Right click on desktop and new then shortcut, enter the code to run the macro in the Target box, and then click on the Shortcut Key box and press the CTRL and or Alt, and or Shift and a Letter key together to create an entry which will be assigned to start the macro when pressed- Repeat this for other macros as needed

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys [​IMG]

Barman58, Jan 19, 2020
  4. RoboX Win User

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Macro and Change Dpi

1- How can I craeate a Macro ? Synapse-->Macros-->+ key--> record (and click keys)-->???

2- Can I create a Macro to bind keys to change dpi step on the fly?

RoboX, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

1. File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys - Similar Threads - File Path Apps

2. Make file shortcut but NOT change the path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make file shortcut but NOT change the path: I want to print files for work but I'm wanting to put a shortcut on my desktop. When I do this and print it shows a different path than the original file (obviously) But can I make this shortcut in a way it pulls from the original path. And actually prints and shows the...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...: In windows 11 i created a new shortcut for File Explorer like below : %SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,W:\My_FilesAfter creating this shortcut i dragged & dropped it to taskbar. Now when i click on it, It opens a new icon on taskbar instead of it's own icon. This is really...
  4. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  5. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  6. Changing customized shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing customized shortcut keys: Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key...
  7. How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder: I have a Logitech mouse that can program macro keys but I couldn't find a way to make it open the picture folder. I can open the regular folder. Anyone have an idea how to pin to the task bar or how create a shortcut on the keyboard or mouse to open picture folder? submitted...
  8. Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day: I've created 3 shortcuts for fast switching audio outputs by hitting CTRL + ALT + Num1/Num2/Num3. These shortcuts are located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sound so they can be listed on Start menu as an folder with these...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  10. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...