Windows 10: File Path View to show only open folders not all folders

Discus and support File Path View to show only open folders not all folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have file explorer setup to expand to the open folder in the navigation pane of file explorer. There is one specific folder that will only open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stanger2, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Stanger2 Win User

File Path View to show only open folders not all folders

I have file explorer setup to expand to the open folder in the navigation pane of file explorer. There is one specific folder that will only open the current file path for the folder i am in or show other folders within that folder that i have recently opened, but it does not show any of the other files within that folder path. Example below

File Path View to show only open folders not all folders d5fecb50-3a80-4f51-8f76-c63667166106?upload=true.png

So I had opened the 2 folders in 2018 that are shown, but it does not show the other folders within the 2018 folder. I like this setup and would like to make the other folders do the same thing. For example the 2012 through 2017 folders would not be shown since i have not opened them. Like below

(CFile Path View to show only open folders not all folders :)

Folder 1

Folder 2

Folder 3

Folder 4

Not like this

(CFile Path View to show only open folders not all folders :)

Folder A

Folder B

Folder 1

Folder C

Folder 2

Folder 3

Is there any way to do this? or is the 2018 folder just an anomaly?

:)

Stanger2, Aug 23, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

Thanks for all of the help guys, I've managed to get it working now. I used OpenFileDialog in the end and I've used a StreamReader to open the file. As of right now I'm not reading from a textbox to find the file, the file's I actually need are all in the same directory/folder so I've just put a path to the folder and added a .txt filter(all files are saved a .txt).

I'll keep this thread updated, becuase I'm going to attempt to read from the textbox when I have some more free time.

Jacko28, Aug 23, 2019
  4. shuggans Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

Jack28,
    I would look into using a FolderBrowserDialog object in your application. This will open a dialog that lets you select a folder. Then use
    Code: FolderBrowserDialog1.selecteditem[/quote] to return the output string of the folder into a textbox, set the textbox enabled property to false so that they cannot type in the path, they have to get the path by selecting the folder using the folder browser.
    This will endure your program never throws a directory not found exception and crashing itself.
    This is what I have always doen and it works quite nicely.

shuggans, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. File Path View to show only open folders not all folders - Similar Threads - File Path View

2. View original path in Recent Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  3. View original path in Recent Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  5. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  6. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

7. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  8. Viewing all folders

Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  9. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files: I have a lot of files stored on a flash drive in briefcases. However, the open/save as dialogs do not display all available folders. Why is that? What can I do to correct this major headache?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make the file explorer icon show all open folders not just the last one to be opened